-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Into the West-How Is It?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted December 08 2005 - 02:29 PM

I want to get the "Into the West" set for my dad for Christmas because he's something of a history buff and we took a trip to the west this summer and are both interested in the region. I've been looking around for reviews and can't find any. I'm interested in knowing the following:

1)How is the quality, audio and video?
2)How is the series itself? Well-written, acted, etc? Also, interested to know where exactly the series takes place.

Anybody who's seen the set and wants to lend an opinion, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
"Old theatres are irreplaceable. They could never be duplicated at today's costs - but more importantly, their spirit could not be duplicated because they remind us of a day when going to the show was a more glorious and escapist experience. I think a town's old theatres are the sanctuary of...

#2 of 3 Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted December 09 2005 - 03:07 AM

So no one has seen the "Into The West" DVD set?Posted Image
"Old theatres are irreplaceable. They could never be duplicated at today's costs - but more importantly, their spirit could not be duplicated because they remind us of a day when going to the show was a more glorious and escapist experience. I think a town's old theatres are the sanctuary of...

#3 of 3 peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted December 09 2005 - 08:13 AM

I haven't seen the dvd set but I did watch it on tv when it first aired and was really disappointed in it. The story seemed to move really slow. A friend of mine who is a history buff watched it also and after each episode she would tell me what they left out and what they could have done better. I guess the price would be the big factor here.