Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Playstation 2 connections to HD TV...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted December 03 2005 - 03:18 AM

I have a Playstation 2 and a 46 inch Toshiba Widescreen HD TV....I'm not too familiar with what I can and cannot do as far as picture upgrade for my video games. Does anyone know what products are available and how to connect a cable of some sort that will allow for better images from my Playstation 2 games when they display on my HD TV? I heard there is a cable from Sony that you can buy and it makes the picture of video games almost HD like, but I'm sure there are many products to choose from. Is the cable worth it? Does it make that much of a difference in quality? Thanks for the advice and feedback, I appreciate it.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Ken N.

Ken N.

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts
  • LocationIn the Singularity of a Black Hole

Posted December 03 2005 - 03:53 AM

A component video cable is available for the PS2. Sony manufactures one (I have this cable), as well as Monster Cable, and probably other third-parties as well. Those should let you play games which offer 480p or 1080i video modes. I should warn you though, the majority of PS2 games are 480i only.

PSN Username - Kenshiro26 :: XBOX Live Gamertag

Kenshiro 26 :: Steam Username - Kenshiro_26 :: Origin ID - Kenshiro26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users