What's new

My Bad Netflix Experience (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am so angry at Netflix (again) I had to post. Hopefully it will help me feel better.

Here is my story:

I am trying (note trying) to watch the Buffy the Vampire series. Like any normal person, I am attempting to watch the show in order. Netflix is trying it's hardest to stop this. I am not sure if it is because they are throttling me again, or it is bad luck, but watching a tv series via netflix is not easy.

I am just starting to watch season 5. I put disc 1 on top of my queue. My last disc arrives at netflix on 11/28. They, of course, don't ship out my disc 1 until 11/29. And, of course, it won't get here until 12/2. Darn I say. Well, I go ahead and place disc 2 on top of my queue and I receive it 12/1 like I should. Then I put disc 3 on top and I get it 12/2. Perfect. I now have all 3 ready for the weekend. Or so I thought. When I opened up my disc 1, the white envelope has the wrong disc in it. Now I am SOL. I have to return disc 1, they wont check it in until Monday (12/5) then even if I am lucky this time, the earliest I can get the correct disc 1 is 12/6. Meanwhile I have the other 2 discs sitting here. I can't watch them until at least 12/6.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I have to go 1 week without being able to watch a movie. That is 1/4 of the month gone. Just because they are throttling me and because they don't have any quality control. The really bad thing is that the disc that was in the envelope was also cracked. I think they deliberately put a disc they were going to trash in the envelope to slow me down.

I guess what I am saying is DON"T SIGN UP with NETFLIX unless you only watch 4 or 5 discs a month

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Oh, these "conspiracy theories" about Netflix are getting laughable! Where is your distribution center located? I can't believe that they would ship out a disc on the 29th and you would not get it until the 2nd...that's four days! I sometimes had waits that long when I lived in Denver (and Netflix had only two or three DCs at that time) and they shipped to me from California...sometimes!!! I have done every tier of service that they pretty much offer: from three to eight out at a time (currently I'm doing four) and NEVER had problems like I hear about in these threads. I think the ONLY time in the past three years that I didn't get a quick turn was when "The Incredibles" was released and they shipped to me from New York (IIRC) and it took an extra day.

danak

Second Unit
Scott-S,
The moral of your story is don't get 3 titles sent to you where one must be watched first before the others can be watched. As it is, you got stuck because disc 1 was damaged. If the other 2 titles had been non-Buffy titles, you would have been able to watch those while waiting for the resend of the Buffy title. It seems to just be bad luck to me; I don't see anything malicious from Netflix, as you were the one who decided what titles would be sent to you. You made a bet that you lost this time.

I do sympathize though

Dana in MD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks