What's new

NBC re-shuffles schedule - Joey pulled, Earl and Office to Thursday (1 Viewer)

RickGr

Second Unit
NBC is shuffling the Thursday lineup. Joey is off the air until at least March. My Name is Earl and The Office will fill the 9 pm to 10 pm windows starting in january.
Wil & Grace and a new comedy will fill the 8 to 9 pm slot.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
[c] NBC pulls 'Joey,' reshuffles Thursday[/c]

Our long national nightmare is over. :)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That sucks for Joey. But it is unfair to put a show against survivor. If Joey wasnt against a ratings leader, it would have had better numbers.

Good thing survivor only has a few episodes left otherwise Earls numbers would have tanked as well.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
This blows. Thursday's are already swamped. Leave Joey on, I just won't watch it like I always haven't. :D At least it's not until 9. Tuesday's aren't pretty either. How about Friday or Wed? My three PVRs are overbooked already..

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

I like Joey. I think it suffers because people want to compare it to "Friends". If I judge it on its own merits, I think it is pretty good.

The good news is that acording to the article, Joey will be coming back. Just not on thursdays.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Excellent, as soon as Survivor wraps, I'll be able to flip to NBC for Earl. Can't wait.

Where is The Apprentice moving to? My guess is they'll move it to where Martha's is right now, Wednesdays at 9 EST.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I like Joey as well, but Thursday is not a good night for me, so of course they move my favorite new show there...assholes.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
So, basically it can be assumed that since My Name is Earl and The Office are getting the switch, they must be pulling in some fairly impressive ratings, aye? And rightfully so if you ask me, great shows. I only hope that if they get crushed - NBC gives them a chance.

Ryan

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Huh? What is going on besides Survivor & CSI?

Wednesday is by far the swampiest night I've ever seen, with Tuesday running a close second. Thankfully with the moving of Bones and Earl, I can enjoy Fear Factor when it makes its return to primetime next week.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I actually don't watch anything in that time slot, and this will give me a chance to pick up Commander in Chief again to see if it has improved at all (if not, I can live with only watching House).

Though I assume this means Scrubs will be moving back to Tuesday, FINALLY.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I compare Joey to Friends, alright, and Joey wins bigtime. After seeing a season and a half worth of Joey episodes and then watching a Friends rerun on TBS, I can't belive how much better Joey is. I really hope them changing the time slot doesn't mean they'll be cancelling it soon.:frowning:

RickGr

Second Unit
Scrubs is coming to Tuesdays with back to back episodes for a few weeks starting in January. THis will get Earl and Office away from the American Idol express on Tuesdays as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thursdays were pretty swamped for me:

Smallville and Everwood
Everbody Hates Chris
Joey/Will&Grace/ER
Survivor/CSI/Without a Trace
The O.C./Reunion
Alias/Night Stalker (that's gone now)

Now Thursdays for me:

Smallville and Everwood
Everbody Hates Chris
Will&Grace/Four Kings/Earl/Office/ER
The O.C.
CSI/Without a Trace (not sure what's in the 8 pm slot in Jan.)

Thus, still busy for me.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

The same could have been said of CSI when it first moved to Thursdays after putting up decent numbers on Friday nights.

And the Apprentice certainly held its own in that timeslot for its first few runs.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

As long as it's not on Fridays (usually the death knell for a show). The reshuffling of Earl to Thursday is a good thing, as it frees up Tuesdays for watching new DVD releases.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Something has to run against CSI. You can't just abandon a whole hour of prime time running scared.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Heh. Remember when people thought CBS was killing their two new potential hits (Survivor and CSI) by scheduling them against NBC's Thursday comedy juggernaut?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

So you are the one that likes the show. :)
I definitely think you are in the minority there. Friends=10 seasons. Joey...1 and half.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks