Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Line Conditioner/BackUPS/Surge Protector

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   nickMahler

nickMahler

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted November 30 2005 - 04:22 AM

hey guys i have looking at some things on the Dell.com website for a Line Conditioner/BackUPS/Surge Protector for my sharp lcd projector. do i need a BackUPS system or will a good surge protector line conditioner work like a belkin/monster/tripplite work? im looking at SP with the most joules. i would also like something for my pioneer elite reciever/dvd player/comcast HDDVR/Sony Subamp. would a surge protector or line conditioner be enough for these components? do you think there will be a big difference with line conditioner installed? thanks in advance

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   nickMahler

nickMahler

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted November 30 2005 - 04:26 AM

would this work if i got one for components and one for projector?Line Conditioner BackUPS

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC

Producer

• 3,729 posts

Posted November 30 2005 - 11:50 AM

What are you trying to do? Dallas power isn't so bad that you really need anything except a surge protector on the off chance of a lightning strike, at least tha last time I was there. Admittedly it's been a few weeks, but...
Now, if you have one of these situations where the power cuts out for a few seconds at random intervals [that happened to us last year; TXU finally came out and trimmed all the trees away from the overhead lines] I could see it.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   nickMahler

nickMahler

Agent

• 42 posts

Posted December 01 2005 - 04:47 AM

what i was trying to do was make sure my projector had power for a shutdown in case of a power outage and a good surge protector. i went with the TrippLite SmartUPS system for home theater. we have FEC electric out here so we dont have many problems with outages but we do have some brownouts every once in awhile and its already killed one $600 bulb Posted Image, luckily i got reimbursed from bestbuy via my warranty. thanks