Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Things that shouldn't be

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Paul E V

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted November 29 2005 - 07:44 PM

-- I have purchased several discs to find that, upon playing them, the first thing I get is this REALLY crappy music that goes along with this "Downloading is Illegal" video .......
HELLO! I've just purchased this, why am I subjected to this?

-- The thing about the studio not being responsible for the commentaries ......
How about we only see that if we are actually watching the commentaries? I don't need to know about commentaries when I'm watching the movies.

-- How many times do I need to be told what studio it is before the movie starts?
Pioneering a new level of Home Theater

My Equipment List / Copper & Rosewood Flexi idea

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted December 15 2005 - 06:33 AM

The Studios can put all this stuff in that they want as long as I'm able to jump straight to the menu if I want. I REALLY dislike being subjected to ads & previews without the ability to get to the menu directly.
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Stanton Heck

Stanton Heck

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted January 31 2006 - 06:26 PM

I think audio comentarys should be like a film school! I am tired of bimbo actress talking about there hair customes and makeup! If this actress want to talk then fine but let the directors have a comentary to themselves. "Christmas Vacation" is a prime example on why actress should not be able to give an audio comentary!

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,046 posts

Posted February 01 2006 - 08:05 AM

I've noticed that especially with the new blue-background FBI warning, newer releases have locked out the chapter-skip button during it. That makes me give it the finger and also makes me WANT to break copyright laws! Posted Image
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted February 01 2006 - 12:15 PM

Quote:
I've noticed that especially with the new blue-background FBI warning, newer releases have locked out the chapter-skip button during it. That makes me give it the finger and also makes me WANT to break copyright laws!

What is the most maddening & infuriating to me is when you can't escape a boatload of previews you don't want to see! Posted Image Posted Image

Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,260 posts

Posted February 04 2006 - 09:30 AM

I think audio comentarys should be like a film school! I am tired of bimbo actress talking about there hair customes and makeup! If this actress want to talk then fine but let the directors have a comentary to themselves. "Christmas Vacation" is a prime example on why actress should not be able to give an audio comentary!

I agree - I MUCH prefer commentaries from directors, critics and film historians who do not indulge in the very tiresome mutual admiration bullshit. Tom Weaver remains my favorite commentator because he simply packs an incredible amount of information into his essays, while adding a bit of humor and even irreverence occasionally, when warranted. The man does his homework. Actor commentaries are frequently vanity forums, and I leave them after about ten minutes.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Paul E V

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted November 02 2008 - 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_HR
The Studios can put all this stuff in that they want as long as I'm able to jump straight to the menu if I want. I REALLY dislike being subjected to ads & previews without the ability to get to the menu directly.
That's what I'm saying, really.

Put all you want in there, studios, but, when I start a movie, it should go straight to the menu. If I choose "commentaries" then give me the commentary warning

I see no reason at all for the video about "you wouldn't steal a car". There's already an FBI warning about piracy in English AND French. I'm surprised it's not in Spanish also.

Previews - either allow me to skip them or give me the choice to view them in the menu. Don't MAKE me watch them.

And Sony, What's the deal with your DVD text? Is it just non-compatibility with my player or do your discs have cross-recognition problems everywhere.
I've got a changer and it's only Sony Pictures that several discs are recognized as the same thing.
Pioneering a new level of Home Theater

My Equipment List / Copper & Rosewood Flexi idea

Forum Nav Content I Follow