What's new

10 Commandements Double Double Dip? (1 Viewer)

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
DVD PLANET reports STALAG 17 (Special edition) and THE TEN COMMANDMENTS: ANIV EDITION (3-DISC SET) both releasing March 21.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Not having purchased either, this is good news. Isn't the current version of Stalag 17 non-anamorphic?

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS: ANIV EDITION (3-DISC SET)

"New to this release will be 5 extra and totally uncensored commandments!"

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
And an extra plague. See the people of Egypt forced to endure an endless Rob Schneider movie marathon!

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Paramount,
what would really be nice is a FIRST issue of oh, say something as trivial as ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS
instead of the 3rd or 4th rehash of this title, as much as I love it.

and it better be a new! improved! transfer. And NOT include a Pan and Scan version...

Or perhaps the restored ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE by say, Xmas...

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
How about NEW catalog titles instead of a 3rd release of "10 Commandments" Has Paramount become the new Universal?

Charles H

Screenwriter
Any chance that the third disc might be the silent version of THE TEN COMMANDMENTS (a la BEN HUR)?

MattHR

Screenwriter

I'd be happy with just an eleventh commandment:

"Thou shalt not double-dip more than once"

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I bought the first two DVD releases (but never watched either) but I'll gladly upgrade again if the silent version is included. The silent version alone will be worth the retail price.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
I also hope that it is a new transfer as I have never been happy with the previous efforts, even though the last release got many positive reviews.

I felt the skin tones were off and the blacks crushed.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Here we go again. This is just annoying. I will not be upgrading this set a 3rd time, so Paramount can forget it. They've received enough of my cash for this particular film. If they're going to release the silent version, why didn't they just do this for release #1 or release #2? Ditto for another "new" transfer...

I know, I know -- "nobody's forcing you to buy it," right? Wrong. Because when a person likes any particular film and wishes to own it, he wants the BEST release for that film. The best transfer, the most extras. And when he first buys edition #1 or edition #2, he never knows what the future will bring and expects this to be the Final Word. This doesn't have to take three or four attempts. In this particuar case I will resist the temptation, but they should get it right the first (or even second) time.

"Thou Shalt Not Fleece Thy Customers".

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I kind of expected a release with the silent version included, so I held off from the 2nd release. If that's the case, then I'll go for this one, otherwise, I'll stick with the original, which is fine enough for how often I watch this film (i.e., seldom).

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

See? There's no force involved there. :D

Since I've been wanting The 10 Commandments for ages and haven't gotten around to picking it up yet, I'm happy to see this news. I'll now hold off to see what's different/new.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks