-

Photo

SPHE Press Release: The Adventures Of Mark Twain

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,954 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 09:56 PM

WHEN YOU HAVE A “CLAY-MATE,” ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

THE ADVENTURES OF MARK TWAIN

- SONY PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT AND MGM BRING THIS CLAYMATION FANTASY TO DVD ON JANUARY 31 -

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (Nov. 28, 2005) – Destiny calls from Halley’s Comet on a whirlwind voyage speckled with pieces of literature and real-life wit by Mark Twain when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and MGM release The Adventures of Mark Twain to DVD on January 31. Directed and produced by Academy Award® Winner and Claymation pioneer Will Vinton, this time stop animation feature molds elements and story-lines from more than four books by Mark Twain (voiced by James Whitmore,
Where The Red Fern Grows, The Shawshank Redemption) and will be available for an SLP of $14.94.

Join clay-characters of Tom Sawyer, Becky Thatcher and Huck Finn aboard a flying machine headed for Halley’s Comet as they use a magical time portal to get a detailed overview of the Twain philosophy, observing the “historical” events that inspired his works.

Synopsis

A book on Twain’s desk opens up to the mouth of the Mississippi River and a voyage Tom and Huck would have never imagined. On a Jules-Verne-like aircraft, which is part-balloon and part-Mississippi Riverboat, the daring friends realize they are headed to crash into Twain’s chosen destiny, Halley’s Comet.

Upon this hybrid flying machine, the crew encounters a variety of thought, wit and dialogue from the great imaginations of Mark Twain. Voices for the characters include Chris Ritchie as Tom, Michele Mariana (Rugrats) as Becky, and Gary Krug as Huck. Will Twain’s destiny become the crew’s if they crash into Halley’s Comet?

The Adventures of Mark Twain has a run time of 90 minutes and is rated G, suitable for children. Artwork is available at www.SPHEPublicity.com. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog #: 13481
DVD UPC Code: 027616134813
DVD Order Date: 12/29/05
DVD SLP: $14.94

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   JerryKILL

JerryKILL

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts

Posted November 29 2005 - 07:20 PM

I love this film and can't wait for the DVD release. Great news!
"It is the unique power of cinema to allow a great many people to dream the same dream together and to present illusion to us as if it were strict reality. It is, in short, an admirable vehicle for poetry."

-Jean Cocteau, The Testament of Orpheus

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Justin Hargis

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator

• 224 posts

Posted December 22 2005 - 08:20 PM

I just found out about this. I cannot wait! I love this movie. My VHS copy is just about worn out. Posted Image

According to Sony's website, it's gonna be Anamorphic Widescreen. Yay! I've only seen it in 4:3.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Justin Hargis

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator

• 224 posts

Posted January 30 2006 - 09:30 AM

Tomorrow's the day. Posted Image

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   David Stone

David Stone

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts

Posted February 11 2006 - 04:59 AM

Quote:
According to Sony's website, it's gonna be Anamorphic Widescreen. Yay! I've only seen it in 4:3.

Bad news. I picked up the DVD yesterday and the the new "widescreen" presentation is simply a hard-matted version of the original 4:3 presentation that I own on laserdisc.

Does anyone know the intended aspect ratio for this film?
Unfortunately, the DVD packaging does not states anything about the aspect ratio of the original program one way or the other.

I've watched them both and the 4:3 presentation certainly seems more correct (IMHO) as there is a noticeable amount of animation sliced off the top and bottom of the screen when viewing the 16:9 DVD.
"I don't want my B&W films colorized, my films cropped in any way (including matting 4:3 OAR TV for 16x9 TV!!) or my Star Wars films 'special editioned'!"
Preserve our film history for future generations!