What's new

Porcupine Tree's Stupid Dream coming early 2006 in 5.1 DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Matt Levy

Grip
From their website:

The reissue of Porcupine Tree's 1999 album Stupid Dream will be available in early 2006 in the form of a 2 disc set containing a remixed and remastered stereo CD, and a 5.1 surround sound DVDA. The 5.1 disc also contains surround sound mixes of "Ambulance Chasing" and the full length version of "Even Less", the video to "Piano Lessons", and a photo gallery. This 2 disc edition will only be available to buy direct from the Pocupine Tree Store. A standard CD edition will receive a wider release at a later date, as well as a 2LP vinyl version on US label Gates of Dawn.

Great news for PT and hi-res fans!

Lee M T

Second Unit
I can't wait to hear this album in surround sound, especially those harmony vocals on Baby Dream In Cellophane!

I was even more pleased to hear the news about Transmission IV. Now I won't have to spend $3-400 on a used copy of the 40-min Moonloop improv.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Rich,

I meant it would be cool to hear it in surround. The stereo mix sounds great, but I actually prefer the current stereo mix of Stupid Dream, as it has a little more bottom end to it.

Matt Levy

Grip
Lightbulb Sun in 5.1 DVD-A is still in the cards according to Simon, the moderator of PT fan's forum. Patience is a virtue as Steven Wilson is a very busy man who is in 3 different bands.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I can't wait to hear the next Blackfield, although I fear we won't have another PT disc until mid-to-late 2007.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I'm still waiting to pre-order the Stupid Dream DVDA disc at their website.

This is one disc that will get tremendous play on my HT.
Especially the long version of "Evenless".

Lee M T

Second Unit
I wonder how early in 2006? We're already seeing a lot of PT material releasing. Metanoia is being reissued on CD February 27th. The ultra rare Transmission IV Moonloop is being released on vinyl the same day. We've already had a Bass Communion album come out this month and another vinyl BC album is due in February. Plus Steven Wilson is recording the new Blackfield album this month. He's supposedly working on the live DVD as well. Not to mention the No-Man anthology. Crazy stuff.

Lightbulb Sun is definately in the works for a package somewhat to this Stupid Dream reissue. We will get it in surround sound as well.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Steve Wilson has been a saviour to me. One of the few artists I'm psyched about that is always coming up with something new and great.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Thanks Matt and Manus, just pre-ordered this one :) Will go nicely with In Absentia and Deadwing in my collection.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Steven told me last summer that Lightbulb in surround was likely to be the follow-up to Deadwing on DVD-A, but Stupid Dream is making its way to us first. As I've said elsewhere, we can't have enough PT in hi-res surround!

Lee M T

Second Unit
Placed my order for both the CD/DVD as well as the LP.

How bad is it that I own the original, but I'm just as pumped about a reissue as I was when I got the original? LMAO.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Order placed. Thanks for the heads up! After reading all the hype over this CD I'm really anxious to hear it. I love IA and DW.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks