What's new

Paramount TV in 06? (1 Viewer)

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I do like the way Paramount handles its tv releases. They concentrate on a few shows and put out new seasons on a regular basis whereas Universal is scattershot. They release a number of titles and may get back in a year or so. Also many of these shows look very good for the age and quick turnaround time.

The most exciting developement for me is their decision to start releasing their one hour non-Star Trek shows. Apparently Wild Wild West will be released early in 06. Mission Impossible will probably be released around the time of the squel. Perry mason may also see release in 06 as well. Not sure if the turnaround time on these shows will be as quick as the half hour shows. Would love to see two
seasons of WWW and the first year of Perry Mason(39
shows). Also hope they get to the Peter Graves shows in 06.

As far as the half hour shows, I would think we would see two seasons of Hogan's Heroes. A new season has been released every 5-6 months. Three maybe four seasons of Andy Griffith since that seems to be on a 3-4 month schedule. With The Brady Bunch being finishes early in 06, will they release another half hour show to replace that? Gomer Pyle and The Odd Couple have been bandied about as potential 06 releases.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Odd Couple is high on my list, if anyone at Paramount is listening. But isn't Paramount also responsible for Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy? Because it's high time they got back to those with season twos.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
That Fact That Rocko's Modern Life isn't on DVD yet is proof positive that Paramount and it's TV-DVD output aren't worth crap

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm just hoping for more titles in the Nickelodeon Rewind Collection and more Survivor/Amazing Race sets.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am still hoping for the Untouchables. Both the original and the new version.

Anthony W

Auditioning
I'm pretty sure they will get to the 2nd season in 06... the movie is due out the first week in May.

Since not a lot of people may remember that Jim wasn't the first IMF team leader, the studio might want to time the S2 release to the opening instead of the first, or put out both S1 and 2 near the opening date.

but even if they just put out the first season come movie time, i'm sure they'll have S2 out before Christmas time.

I just hope that 1) they commit to put out every season and 2) dont forget about the 1988 series as well.

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely wanting Sister, Sister. They were considering it for spring and fall of '05...let's hope they're going to do it in '06!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
If Season 2 of Happy Days, and Laverne and Shirley arrive some time next year, my faith in tv sets on dvd will be restored.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Looking at Dave's list I see 5 definites:

-Mission: Impossible
-Wild Wild West
-Sentinel
-Star Trek: Animated
-Walker:Texas Ranger

Then a couple of possible (wait for sales).

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I'm still waiting for the "special edition" re-release of CSI:Season One in anamorphic widescreen.

-Lyle J.P.

Joe*R

Stunt Coordinator
What about The Love Boat???? I'm hoping for this along with Hawaii Five-0. Since Fantasy Island-S1 has been released, the Love Boat shouldn't be too far behind.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
"The Odd Couple"! Hooray! But PLEASE don't gouge us on the price like you do with the "Trek" sets!
:) d

John Pannozzi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Francis Pannozzi
I'm looking forward to Ren & Stimpy: The Lost Episodes and (if it comes out next year) Ultimate Ren & Stimpy.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I want season 2 of The 4400 and what about finally releasing 7 Days on DVD.

If they release NCIS Season 1 to DVD, they should include two part JAG that served as a pilot for NCIS (because I think NCIS fans don't want to buy that season of JAG when it gets released just to get the pilot for NCIS).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks