What's new

Who will get biopics when I'm old and gray? (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Going to see Walk the Line with my dad the other day got me thinking about what biopics of people from my generation I'll be seeing when I'm his age. I was born in 1973, so do you think someone like Gwyneth Paltrow or Fiona Apple will be getting a biopic in the future? Will the future be a biopic wasteland for my generation?

KyleK

Second Unit
It's sad that this is probably true:
Paris Hilton

I mean, am I wrong people?

Kyle ;)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Kurt Cobain's life has biopic written all over it, especially the ending.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I like the Hedberg idea.
Kurt Cobain is probably likely, though I think it's already been done in TV versions.

John McCain will probably get a movie version of his life at some point;

Stephen Hawking
Christopher Reeve
Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Steve Wozniak

And then, mostly psychos. Anyone who was a multi-murderer or just a really notorious one. I'm sure someone will have a movie about Raider (the BTK Killer), and that guy in Lenexa, KS who lured people over the internet and stuffed them into 50 gallon barrels after he killed them.

River Phoenix? Len Bias? I'm trying to think of others who died early.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Already done. See "Pirates of Silicon Valley", a TV Bio. Actually quite good, with Anthony Michael Hall as Gates and Noah Wylie as Jobs.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The other element of this that has me curious is who will still be around, productive, and highly regarded in 50 years like Ray Charles and Johnny Cash. Certainly not a requirement for a biopic though.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Some ideas:

Bob Dylan
Stevie Wonder
Willie Nelson

Actually, it might be more interesting to do "The Jacksons".

Jason

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Oh, and the way he's been going lately, it wouldn't surprise me if Tom Cruise gets one.

I was thinking about him lately and I came to realize that very few actors have worked with the caliber of directors that he has: Spielberg, Stone, Scorsese, Coppolla, Crowe, Pollack, Scott Bros, and most notably, Kubrick, among a few others.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
There was a miniseries in the early 90s. Of course, a lot has happened since then.

I wouldn't be surprised if biopics fall out of fashion after a certain point. Celebrities like Johnny Cash or Ray Charles didn't spent the peak of their careers under the scrutiny of a zillion celebrity journalists. For anyone who's currently a subject of major attention, will there still be any interest in them after they're gone (or anything left to say)?

I suppose there'll always be room for something like Capote, which digs into a key event in its subject's life and gets at things that most people never even heard of, either at the time or since.

M.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Bill Clinton, more than likely. (I don't count Primary Colors, since A) it was deliberately fictionalized and B) only covered a very small timeframe).

Galen_V

Second Unit
Michael Jordan, definitely. Maybe George Clooney or Will Smith. And even though he's from the baby boomer generation, Billy Joel would make a fascinating subject for a biopic.

Also, my guess is that there will be an "Aviator"-esque movie about either Sumner Redstone or Rupert Murdoch as sort of a "Last of the Media Moguls" type deal.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
For some reason, I'm imagining that they might turn R.D Reynolds' book "The Death Of WCW" into a movie.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I don't think Warner Brothers would go for it, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks