-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Here are two longshots...'STREETHAWK' & 'AUTO-MAN'.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 of 56 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted November 24 2005 - 07:07 PM

Anyone remember these two shows? Or more to the point anyone WANT these two shows on dvd? Posted Image

I for one loved Streethawk, but back then (the 80's) I loved any show that featured cool super-vehicles, I especially liked the opening music for that show, and that motorcycle rocked whenever Rex Smith would slam it into turbo and hit 300mph! Posted Image

Auto-man I DO remember, but mostly I remember the little 'cursur' thing that followed the main character around and his car which glowed blue Tron-style and could make radical turns through traffic.

Neither show lasted very long, maybe a season or two.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#2 of 56 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted November 24 2005 - 07:49 PM

I just checked both shows at the IMDB and they both were cancelled before they could get out a full season. Posted Image

It says that Streethawk only lasted 13 eps, but for some reason it seems like more, ah well.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#3 of 56 stewart borland

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted November 25 2005 - 06:57 AM

I remember them both too and thought they ran longer than that!

I'd be tempted if the price was realistic.

#4 of 56 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,916 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted November 26 2005 - 02:29 AM

I would buy Automan, but not Streethawk.

Chuck Wagner (Automan himself) was interviewed about the show in the last year or two by one of the UK sci-fi magazines (Starburst, TV Zone or the like) in a "superhero" special.

#5 of 56 RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted November 26 2005 - 03:09 AM

I would love to see a release of Street Hawk.

#6 of 56 Rick P

Rick P

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts

Posted November 26 2005 - 06:06 AM

I would fear for AUTOMAN being complete... there was one episode with the late Laura Brannigan with a LOT of her music that could be a clearance problem.

#7 of 56 RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted November 26 2005 - 06:09 AM

Same with Street Hawk she guest starred and had her performing in a episode.

#8 of 56 Adam*M

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted November 26 2005 - 01:39 PM

I'd buy Automan. The Sci Fi Channel ran a few of the episodes a few years ago. I wish I had recorded them.

#9 of 56 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,916 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted November 27 2005 - 12:38 PM

Luckily, I did record them when they aired over 10 years ago on Sci-Fi Channel.

About that dead singer's music. Frankly, I never heard of her. She was probably not famous enough to warrant her estate (or whomever owns the rights to her stuff) to hold a release up for ransom. They'd probably be glad to be getting any kind of royalty payments.

#10 of 56 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,876 posts

Posted November 27 2005 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
Luckily, I did record them when they aired over 10 years ago on Sci-Fi Channel

You mean when the Sci-Fi channel actually aired some scifi shows?? Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#11 of 56 Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted November 27 2005 - 02:37 PM

It says that Streethawk only lasted 13 eps

StreetHawk was a good show and would have probably stayed on the air for a few seasons had ABC ?? (I believe that's who aired it) not gotten nervous of a lawsuit about it being to similar to Knight Rider or some crap like that. So they axed it, it actually did solid ratings to. Atleast to my memory that is how i recall what happened. I might be slightly off abit it has been many years.

#12 of 56 Derek_J

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator

• 235 posts

Posted November 27 2005 - 02:39 PM

I'll vote for Automan, and Probe for that matter. (Also on sci-fi at that time.)

#13 of 56 Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,329 posts

Posted November 27 2005 - 03:32 PM

I enjoyed these shows then, but I was a kid... not sure I'd actually buy them now.

Laura Branigan was a reasonably successful singer in the 80s-90s with a few #1s I think; I'd agree though that it's unlikely clearances with her estate would hold up a release.

#14 of 56 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,916 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted November 28 2005 - 05:21 AM

Quote:
StreetHawk was a good show and would have probably stayed on the air for a few seasons had ABC ?? (I believe that's who aired it) not gotten nervous of a lawsuit about it being to similar to Knight Rider or some crap like that. So they axed it, it actually did solid ratings to. Atleast to my memory that is how i recall what happened. I might be slightly off abit it has been many years.

I thought it was that ABC put it in the Friday night death slot (either opposite Dukes of Hazzard or the much more deadly Dallas). Neither ABC or NBC had much prayer for any show they put on Fridays back in them thar days.

Of course, I could be remembering the wrong night for Street Hawk, but I was fairly certain it was Fridays, at least for a time.

#15 of 56 RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 05:30 AM

It was Fridays at 9PM, death slot to be sure.

#16 of 56 Mark Silver

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 10:00 AM

I remember that Street Hawk was played in Saturday morning syndication on USA when I was a kid. I used to love the theme song. I would definitely buy it.

#17 of 56 John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 12:23 PM

I loved it when CURSOR made fake money! Then it would disappear and the crooks would go, wah???????????

I'd definitely pick up AUTOMAN!

#18 of 56 Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,329 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 12:57 PM

Quote:
I used to love the theme song.

By Tangerine Dream, if memory serves. I liked it too, so I went and bought a cassette of their stuff. Didn't much like it, though Posted Image

#19 of 56 Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 01:47 PM

I don't remember Auto-Man, but I did enjoy Street Hawk. I'd pick this up release week. I'd also love to get Blue Thunder. I think it was similar to Street Hawk in that it only lasted approximately half a season. It would be great if they packaged them together to make a "full" season set. Probably owned by different companies though. Still, would love to have both to set up next to my Knight Rider and Airwolf sets.
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

#20 of 56 Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 02:55 PM

Automan only had 13 episodes, so it would be easy to release in a small 2 or 3 disc set. It seems like the type of obscure cult-favorite series that Anchor Bay would release.

Forum Nav Content I Follow