What's new

OH MY GOD! My SVS PB12-Plus-2 is now AWESOME! (1 Viewer)

Dan_J_H.

Stunt Coordinator
I was never that impressed with this sub until I bought the Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi receiver. This receiver has MCACC, an automatic surround sound setup that uses a microphone and test tones to quickly customize settings for your room.

The first DVD I put on was War of the Worlds. The bass is so perfect and powerful, I never thought this sub could sound so great. Before, I could kind of localize the bass at the sub, but now it seems to be ALL round me. Sitting about 11' from the sub, I can sometimes feel the hair on my head and pant legs vibrate.

Thanks again SVS! By far the best bang for the buck!

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I know exactly what you mean....When I first started getting serious about this hobby a few years ago, I figured that calibration was not that big of a deal....BOY was I wrong. Calibration is so important to getting your rig to sound its best that it's not even funny. I've never had a receiver that did the auto calibration, but soundslike it works just fine.....once you get everything dialed in, you are truly in an immersive soundfield :emoji_thumbsup:

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Calibration is one thing room correction is another. All subs benefit from room correction, be it electronic or "accoustic". To me a PEQ is essential tool,and it had been in use over 5 years in my house. Don't use a sub without it.! :)

yes..calibration is of utmost importance.

But keep in mind, War of the Worlds has Reference levels of LFE, so I would suggest you try another DVD that is not so hot in the LFE (such as Revenge of the Sith), just to make sure your calibration is correct.

As always, double check with AVIA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks