-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

OH MY GOD! My SVS PB12-Plus-2 is now AWESOME!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Dan_J_H.

Dan_J_H.

Stunt Coordinator

• 131 posts

Posted November 24 2005 - 07:39 AM

I was never that impressed with this sub until I bought the Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi receiver. This receiver has MCACC, an automatic surround sound setup that uses a microphone and test tones to quickly customize settings for your room.

The first DVD I put on was War of the Worlds. The bass is so perfect and powerful, I never thought this sub could sound so great. Before, I could kind of localize the bass at the sub, but now it seems to be ALL round me. Sitting about 11' from the sub, I can sometimes feel the hair on my head and pant legs vibrate.

Thanks again SVS! By far the best bang for the buck!
For progress pictures of my HT click on the link.

http://community.web...om/user/danjh38

#2 of 4 AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted November 24 2005 - 12:13 PM

I know exactly what you mean....When I first started getting serious about this hobby a few years ago, I figured that calibration was not that big of a deal....BOY was I wrong. Calibration is so important to getting your rig to sound its best that it's not even funny. I've never had a receiver that did the auto calibration, but soundslike it works just fine.....once you get everything dialed in, you are truly in an immersive soundfield Posted Image
"Come on you Fockers....CONGA!!!"
-Dustin Hoffman as 'Bernie Focker'

Updated Equipment List

#3 of 4 Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze

Producer

• 3,134 posts

Posted November 24 2005 - 07:03 PM

Calibration is one thing room correction is another. All subs benefit from room correction, be it electronic or "accoustic". To me a PEQ is essential tool,and it had been in use over 5 years in my house. Don't use a sub without it.! Posted Image

#4 of 4 Shervin_Sabri

Shervin_Sabri

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted November 25 2005 - 04:44 AM

yes..calibration is of utmost importance.

But keep in mind, War of the Worlds has Reference levels of LFE, so I would suggest you try another DVD that is not so hot in the LFE (such as Revenge of the Sith), just to make sure your calibration is correct.

As always, double check with AVIA