-

Photo
- - - - -

Running On Empty cd + 5.1 dvd Jackson Browne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#21 of 33 OFFLINE   Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins

Producer

• 6,396 posts

Posted June 30 2009 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Scoggins
Also get the DVD-Audio of David Crosby, If I Could Only Remember My Name. It sounds even better than this one which is already tough to top.

Well, I actually found this at a store, Lee. But $26.99. That's a little rich for me when I don't have a clue about the music. Maybe I should check out the tracks over at amazon (if they're there).

$5 when I already know how much I like the music (Runnin' On Empty) is more my speed!
It's worth it.  Very good music.

Viewing: Sony KDSXBR150, Sony Bluray S570, ATT Uverse
Listening: Sony SCD777ES, Benchmark DAC1Pre, VPI/Modwright SWP9SE/Lyra Argo, Audio Research Ref3/VT100, Maggie 1.7s

#22 of 33 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,707 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted July 05 2009 - 11:07 AM

Picked up my Running On Empty today at Walmart in Fremont, CA. Only copy they had and it was in the "A" titles section. The other Walmarts I went to recently didn't have any (or at least I didn't find them). This is my first Jackson Browne disc but I might look into picking one or two others. I wonder what the chances are of The Pretender on cd+dvd-a showing up at Walmart for $5 some day soon? I know, I'm dreaming.

Again, thanks for the heads-up on this one.
Edited by gene c - 7/6/2009 at 02:24 am GMT
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#23 of 33 OFFLINE   Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted July 08 2009 - 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald LaFrance ">

Going to walmart tomorrow
"IF the Facts don't Fit the Theory Change the Facts"    Albert Einstein

#24 of 33 OFFLINE   Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted July 20 2009 - 05:38 PM

Can anybody get me a copy for this price plus shipping at their local walmart None around south jersey have it??

#25 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,413 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 21 2009 - 12:45 AM

Gerald:  if I see another one, I'll snatch it up for you.

But I've been in two other Wal-Marts in my area and have looked, but they haven't had one.  But I've got a few more I can look in. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#26 of 33 OFFLINE   Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted July 22 2009 - 07:05 AM

OK GReat I would appreciate that and I can throw in a few bucks extra.

#27 of 33 OFFLINE   AL KUENSTER

AL KUENSTER

Second Unit

• 359 posts

Posted July 22 2009 - 09:05 AM

I highly recommend the Running on Empty cd + dvd, I picked this up at Tower when they were still open.

Al Kuenster

#28 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,413 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 22 2009 - 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald LaFrance 

OK GReat I would appreciate that and I can throw in a few bucks extra.
Only what's necessary to cover postage, Gerald.

One down...several to go.  I already checked one of my local stores tonight.  It happened to be undergoing a major renovation...but no luck.    I had low hopes for this particular store, however, as it was the one my co-worker copped one after I told him about the deal. 

I feel confident I'll find one somewhere.  I've got several W-Ms in my area.  Stay tuned.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#29 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,413 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 24 2009 - 03:53 PM

Gerald:

Success!  /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

I believe this was W-M #3 I tried.  I happened to be on a long drive into northern VT today with my wife and we needed to stop for a rest room break.  Instead of picking a convenience store or fastfood restaurant, there was a Wal-Mart (in Ticonderoga, NY)...and as seems to be the case they had but one copy (or else I would have picked up more).

PM me your address and I'll get the disc out to you next week. 

/img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif

#30 of 33 OFFLINE   Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted July 25 2009 - 01:25 AM

Hey GREAT News Cant wait till ?I get the disk ;)

I sent you a PM too with my Addy ..

#31 of 33 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,707 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted August 02 2009 - 01:04 PM

I also found another copy if anyone is interested. To keep within the Forum rules please check the Software For Sale/Trade section for details.

I think it's taken.
Edited by gene c - 8/3/2009 at 10:54 am GMT
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

#32 of 33 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,707 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted August 04 2009 - 02:58 PM

Just a word of warning. The last time  I was at Walmart I saw a Steely Dan "Everything Must Go" cd+dvd for $5 and quickly picked it up. It was packaged simular, but not exactly, like the Jackson Brown cd+5.1 dvd. But on closer inspection the dvd was only a 20 minute interview inside a taxi cab, no 5.1 music. I put it back. So if you should come across any other cd+dvd titles take a close look at it before you get to the checkout.

#33 of 33 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,146 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted September 25 2009 - 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Scoggins 

Also get the DVD-Audio of David Crosby, If I Could Only Remember My Name. It sounds even better than this one which is already tough to top.
I was lucky to find this at a Borders that was selling off their media, got it for half price, for borders this was about $15.

So still no more hi-rez JB then I guess?

facebook.com/whotony