Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Running On Empty cd + 5.1 dvd Jackson Browne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 of 33 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,008 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted November 19 2005 - 11:26 AM

ok so i just picked this up, i think it may have been released last week(first week of nov).
is there any word on more of his albums being released in this format?

http://www.amazon.co....glance&s=music
facebook.com/whotony

#2 of 33 Phil A

Phil A

Screenwriter

• 2,757 posts
  • LocationCentral FL

Posted November 19 2005 - 02:22 PM

It was released the 15th. I just ordered my copy so I won't have it for another week perhaps. Have not heard any rumors of add'l albums but it is rumored that this album will be released at some future point with just the DVD-A and no CD. I don't need the CD and waited until the album came out to see if a more definitive date would be indicated for the DVD-A only version. I finally figured I had a coupon so the difference in price wasn't really worth not having it so I ordered it.

#3 of 33 Mark_TB

Mark_TB

Second Unit

• 329 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska

Posted June 12 2009 - 01:34 PM

I was surprised to find this set in the Wal-mart budget section for only $5.00. Needless to say, I picked it up! Always happy to find a new DVD-A. Definitely worth keeping an eye out for, especially at that price.

- Mark

#4 of 33 Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins

Producer

• 6,396 posts

Posted June 12 2009 - 02:47 PM

This is a wonderful sounding DVD-Audio set.
Viewing: Sony KDSXBR150, Sony Bluray S570, ATT Uverse
Listening: Sony SCD777ES, Benchmark DAC1Pre, VPI/Modwright SWP9SE/Lyra Argo, Audio Research Ref3/VT100, Maggie 1.7s

#5 of 33 sestamuch

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted June 12 2009 - 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_TB
I was surprised to find this set in the Wal-mart budget section for only $5.00. Needless to say, I picked it up! Always happy to find a new DVD-A. Definitely worth keeping an eye out for, especially at that price.

- Mark

Easy picking, no-brainer.

#6 of 33 Anishakrishnan

Anishakrishnan

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 12 2009 - 08:05 PM

ok so i just picked this up, i think it may have been
Posted Image

#7 of 33 PurtiMihir

PurtiMihir

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 13 2009 - 12:23 AM

hello hai yours good bau nee
Posted Image

#8 of 33 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,806 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 17 2009 - 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_TB

Mark: Was it in Wal-Mart's DVD bin...or in the CD section? I'd love to stumble across one of these!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#9 of 33 Mark_TB

Mark_TB

Second Unit

• 329 posts

Posted June 17 2009 - 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
Mark: Was it in Wal-Mart's DVD bin...or in the CD section? I'd love to stumble across one of these!

Hey Mike --

It was in the main CD aisle in the "budget" section, along with a bunch of other $5.00 and under CDs. I even saw another one at a store in a different town today, so they may be fairly widely distributed. Good luck!

- Mark

#10 of 33 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,806 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 18 2009 - 12:58 AM

Thanks a lot, Mark! I've got several W-Ms near me. I think I'll cast a wide net this weekend and see what I come up with! Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#11 of 33 Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins

Producer

• 6,396 posts

Posted June 18 2009 - 04:55 AM

Also get the DVD-Audio of David Crosby, If I Could Only Remember My Name. It sounds even better than this one which is already tough to top.
Listening: Sony SCD777ES, Benchmark DAC1Pre, VPI/Modwright SWP9SE/Lyra Argo, Audio Research Ref3/VT100, Maggie 1.7s

#12 of 33 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,806 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 18 2009 - 04:59 AM

Am I looking for a standard CD jewel case or a super jewel case (DVD-A size)?

#13 of 33 Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter

• 1,270 posts

Posted June 18 2009 - 05:53 AM

Quote:
Am I looking for a standard CD jewel case or a super jewel case (DVD-A size)?

No jewel case, it is a cardboard trifold.

Chris

#14 of 33 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,806 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 18 2009 - 06:16 AM

Thanks, Chris! Posted Image

#15 of 33 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,806 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 19 2009 - 05:48 AM

HUGE thanks to Mark (for the original tip and location in the store), Lee (for the affirmation) and Chris (for the physical description).

The first local Wal-Mart I walked into--I went to the electronics section, found the bargain CDs and knew to look through the jumbled mess for the brown cardboard tri-fold. There was one copy. It is no longer there. Posted Image Posted Image

[Hannibal]I love it when a plan comes together...[/Hannibal]

It is amazing how good that 5.1 mix sounds--especially on the tunes recorded in random locales--such as "Cocaine." Wow.

I always really liked that album--which makes a high-rez surround mix all the more enjoyable (frankly, a lot of the high-rez stuff I've been buying lately have been blind buys of which I have not been that fond).

But now, Lee, I may honor your recommendation of trying to find the David Crosby disc. Know of any odd places I might find it? Posted Image

#16 of 33 Mark_TB

Mark_TB

Second Unit

• 329 posts

Posted June 19 2009 - 11:50 AM

Glad I could help out, Mike. I just couldn't keep a deal like that to myself. Posted Image

- Mark

#17 of 33 Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins

Producer

• 6,396 posts

Posted June 19 2009 - 12:47 PM

Quote:
HUGE thanks to Mark (for the original tip and location in the store), Lee (for the affirmation) and Chris (for the physical description).

The first local Wal-Mart I walked into--I went to the electronics section, found the bargain CDs and knew to look through the jumbled mess for the brown cardboard tri-fold. There was one copy. It is no longer there. Posted Image Posted Image

[Hannibal]I love it when a plan comes together...[/Hannibal]

It is amazing how good that 5.1 mix sounds--especially on the tunes recorded in random locales--such as "Cocaine." Wow.

I always really liked that album--which makes a high-rez surround mix all the more enjoyable (frankly, a lot of the high-rez stuff I've been buying lately have been blind buys of which I have not been that fond).

But now, Lee, I may honor your recommendation of trying to find the David Crosby disc. Know of any odd places I might find it? Posted Image

They are a little scarce but still findable. I think I got mine at Fry's.

#18 of 33 Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted June 22 2009 - 01:02 PM

Going to walmart tomorrow Posted Image
"IF the Facts don't Fit the Theory Change the Facts"    Albert Einstein

#19 of 33 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,806 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 22 2009 - 02:09 PM

I passed this deal along to a co-worker who went to the Wal-Mart nearest him over the weekend and scored their only copy! Posted Image

#20 of 33 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,806 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 28 2009 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Scoggins
Also get the DVD-Audio of David Crosby, If I Could Only Remember My Name. It sounds even better than this one which is already tough to top.

Well, I actually found this at a store, Lee. But $26.99. That's a little rich for me when I don't have a clue about the music. Maybe I should check out the tracks over at amazon (if they're there).

$5 when I already know how much I like the music (Runnin' On Empty) is more my speed! Posted Image

Back to Music & Soundtracks

Forum Nav Content I Follow