What's new

Only The Strong Survive by Riot Films (1 Viewer)

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
Ello gents. Last October a machinima team called Riot Films finished their film "Only The Strong Survive" that took them 8 months to complete. Machinima is an artform in which films are made in a pre-rendered 3D environment, i.e. video games. The more advanced teams like Riot films mod the games and create custom assests, sometimes adding and changing so much that you can't tell what game they made it in. The procedure of doing this with each game is different. Some just use a character to record the puppeteering by other players then crop out the energy bar, aimer and ammo number to give the appearance of widescreen. The most popular company (Rooster Teeth Productions) does this with their show Red vs Blue made in Halo 2.

Anyway, I joined on Riot Films earlier this year as a 3D Artist to work on their upcoming film Only The Strong Survive II: Delusion while I write and start production on my film, Painting A Masterpiece.

We could really use all the attention and support we could get and would love it if you guys checked it out and perhaps posted your reviews. I thought this would be an interesting place to post because of all the HT enthusiasts. Only The Strong Survive has arguably the best soundtrack in machinima films to date and won the 2005 Machinima Award for Best Sound. I think the bass heads will find some nice little passages in their, specially the guys with subs that can dip to 10hz.

It's an action/drama that is 11 minutes long. File size depends on what quality version you download, if you live in the U.S. the download should chug along at the top speed of your modem (should).

Here is the link to the site: www.riot-films.com

Only The Strong Survive download page: http://www.riot-films.com/main/modul...showpage&pid=5

So, please check it out it would mean alot to us, riot-films is very proud of it and working hard on the sequel. Feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Allen:

Thanks for posting this for our membership. Normally, per our rules, this type of posting isn't allowed without checking if it is ok with either Ron or myself first. I am going to let this stay as is for now.

Is the download of the film free?

It looks like they have made a quality product and I look forward to seeing what you have put together for "Painting a Masterpiece"

Parker

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
allen, alot of folks are wondering if you will respond in the dell moniter topic you started.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks