Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Great deal on Sony plasma KDE42XS955, how is this TV?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   JerryMa

JerryMa

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted November 16 2005 - 09:03 AM

I can get one for a really good price, practically wholesale, but the timetable is short. How does Sony compare to Panasonic or Pioneer?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Arthur S

Arthur S

Screenwriter

• 2,572 posts

Posted November 17 2005 - 04:31 AM

That model is as good as it gets. If the price is right, get it. Be aware, Sony has exited the plasma market in the US.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Perry Jonkheer

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit

• 328 posts

Posted November 17 2005 - 09:50 AM

Sony has exited the plasma market because their sets never stacked up to the competition. Especially at their price points which leaned towards the higher portion of the poll. I would get a panny or pioneer over this sony any day. As far as bang for the buck, it doesn't get much better than Panasonic or LG. Check 'em out...
Once again, the Bulls have let me down...

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted November 17 2005 - 12:21 PM

I looked at the 37xs955. I could have gotten it for less than 50% of MSRP. I passed for 2 reasons. 1) It uses something called Alis to essentially reproduce a 1024 vertical pixel count with only 512 actual pixels. Or something. Anyway, because of that, the blacks are not so great. 2) Over on AVS, it has the same reported changing black level problem the Panasonics have. OK, so I'll just buy a Panasonic instead.
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor

• 504 posts

Posted November 17 2005 - 04:39 PM

JerryMa, what kind of price are you looking at?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users