Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Paramount: thx for Perry Mason and a request

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,293 posts

Posted November 14 2005 - 10:42 AM

To anybody from Paramount who might be reading this...

Thank you very much for placing "Perry Mason" on your 2006 schedule. Hopefully consumer support will warrant the release of all 9 seasons.

I have one request: please take care to use unedited episodes. The reason I bring this up is that the Columbia House DVD of episode 19 from the 1st season (Case of the Haunted Husband) used a syndication master. The Columbia House VHS of this same episode was uncut. It looks like the wrong master was pulled for this DVD. A similar error was made in preparing episode 100 from the 4th season (Case of the Lavender Lipstick). Again, the VHS version is complete.

Paramount has done a wonderful job with their TV on DVD releases, especially with including complete episodes. I thought I'd be proactive and mention this early so that Paramount could check on this prior to manufacturing the discs.

My apologies if I seem a bit anxious about this...PM has been my favorite TV show for just over 3 decades, but syndication cuts make some episodes difficult to follow.

Again, thank you, I'm very much looking forward to these.

Steve
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy