What's new

Moonlighting Season 3 - Feb 7, 2006 (1 Viewer)

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
"Some walk by night
Some fly by day
Nothing could change you
Set and sure of the way
There is the sun and moon
They sing their own sweet tune
Watch them when dawn is due
Sharing one space
We'll walk by night
We'll fly by day
Moonlighting strangers
Who just met on the way"

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm not a fan of the show, but I think Lion's Gate should release seasons 4 and 5 together since both seasons are practically half-years.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I almost gave up hope that Season 3 was coming. This is great news, they did a great job on the first set.

Paul

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I haven't watched S1/S2 yet but I did buy it just based on the reports here about how well it was treated. I loved the show when it was on. If folks give positive reviews to S3, I'm in for that one as well. I have the whole run on self-recorded VCD, but it's nice to replace that stack of VCD's with these higher quality DVD sets.

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that season 3 had the episode that parodied "The Taming Of The Shrew" complete with a script in iambic pentameter.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
One of the few shows I've watched recently after a long while away that actually stands the test of time. It was touch and go for the short first season and the first couple or three eps of the second season. During that time, the show was full of bad '80s crime plots with just a scene or two where Maddie and David were fun to watch. But along about the third disc, the plots began taking a backseat to the character interactions and the writing really took off.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Still one of the best single episodes of any TV series, right up there with the "walnuts" episode of Dick Van Dyke.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I will buy the 3rd season for this episode alone. Then i am done. It got to be to hard to watch, and died a nasty TV death, IMO. I also got tired of them stepping out of character just to write themselves out of a hole. It was fun once, but jeez!

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Yes, I too will likely say goodnight to this series after the 3rd season. A show that burned this brightly and reached the heights that this one did was sure to burn out. The same was also true of other groundbreaking shows such as Twin Peaks.

If the later seasons do come out I will likely only get them if they become available very cheaply. I'd like to have them for the sake of completion but certainly not for the quality of the episodes. Or lack of it.

David (to Agnes): "Ms. Dipesto, you're looking a little pail."

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I'll follow through to the end. Even during its downhill slide, it was still better than many shows on television. It paled only in comparison to itself.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The declining quality in the show's final season is another reason the studio should consider combining the shorter fourth and fifth seasons into one package.

Adam_An

Auditioning
Oh yes, great news. I love this show, unfortunately they broke off the rerun on german television after 15 episodes. So i bought the Season 1/2 set, and will also buy Season 3. I love this show, great entertainment! :)

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
Season 3 is my absolute favorite, the episode "Big Man on Mulberry Street," with a musical number guest-directed by Stanley Donen, is brilliant, and was followed one week later by the series highpoint, Atomic Shakespeare.

Then, just as the season was ending, they had the four episode arc where Maddie had to choose between David and Mark Harmon. After she chose, the show basically imploded, since it revolved around their will-they-or-won't-they chemistry, but what a way to go.

Those four episodes are my favorite collective hours of television ever, flawless writing and acting, and the finale, set to "Be My Baby," is one of the most unforgettable things I've ever seen on TV.

I'll still buy seasons 4 & 5 as well, because there were occasional good episodes and even at its worst, Moonlighting was still miles above most other shows on TV before or since.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks