-

Photo
- - - - -

Original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Vol 2 question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   JasonLa

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 03:19 PM

I got this DVD and opened it up to start watching. To my suprise the episodes are at 22:15 or less running times. Vol 1 was at 22:45 give or take at most 5 seconds. I never see anything said of the running times or if indeed the episodes are uncut. I had 2 episodes on VHS (FHE Cat # 23978) I picked up at a flee market some time ago and if I recall I didn't notice anything missing in the comparison And I have 1 episode on VHS (FHE Cat # 27319) that is on this DVD and will be comparing them after I post this.

But anyways my question is weren't all shows from this time 25 minutes or more?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 05:36 PM

Quote:
But anyways my question is weren't all shows from this time 25 minutes or more?

Maybe originally it was longer with BUMPERS?

Since it's a cartoon, they may have spent more time with commercials promoting food/toys to kids.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   JasonLa

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 06:03 PM

Well comparing the one episode that was on the VHS it and the DVD are the same. I know bumpers wouldn't add minutes to the show since there was only 1 or 2 comercial breaks and bumpers were only a few seconds. Assume there was a PSA for each episode that could account for 30 seconds. Still leaving some possible 2 minutes of material. Gargoyles which aired starting in 94 had 23 minute episodes so I would expect at least 24 minutes for TMNT since were talking 87-88 6 years earlier.

I'm paranoid with every DVD I buy and after looking for info prior to buying these I found nothing on them but I've begun to question if they are complete based on running times. I honestly don't know if the comercial VHS tapes I have from the flee markets are complete.

Has anyone compared the DVDs to original airing recordings? Or otherwise can confirm the completeness?