Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Which is better? New HK avr-430 or older flagship Yamaha RX-V1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 DorianBryant

DorianBryant

Screenwriter

• 1,552 posts

Posted November 11 2005 - 01:23 AM

I am debating between the two. I have a friend who just upgraded to ADA seperates and is selling his Yamaha RX-V1 for about the same price I just ordered a HK AVR-430z for. Obviously the HK has some newer formats but the 4-5 year old Yamaha has a great amp section and well made at about 60 pounds. No pro-logic II or auto set-up though. My room really needs auto set-up but the Yamaha is a really nice piece of gear.

What would you pick and why?

#2 of 3 Shiu

Shiu

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted November 11 2005 - 12:56 PM

I would pick the RX-V1 if it is in top shape. It has more power and likely better sound quality. The 430 isn't that much newer anyway.

#3 of 3 MikeNg

MikeNg

Second Unit

• 440 posts

Posted November 12 2005 - 06:14 AM

I've always like the amp section on the HK. They build all their amps with high current in mind, so you know you'll get plenty of 'bang' when you need it. I have not used the Yammy, so I can't say how it will perform.

I've had 6 different HK power products. All their analog stuff have performed well for me. My $ is on the HK.