What's new

Which is better? New HK avr-430 or older flagship Yamaha RX-V1 (1 Viewer)

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I am debating between the two. I have a friend who just upgraded to ADA seperates and is selling his Yamaha RX-V1 for about the same price I just ordered a HK AVR-430z for. Obviously the HK has some newer formats but the 4-5 year old Yamaha has a great amp section and well made at about 60 pounds. No pro-logic II or auto set-up though. My room really needs auto set-up but the Yamaha is a really nice piece of gear.

What would you pick and why?

Shiu

Second Unit
I would pick the RX-V1 if it is in top shape. It has more power and likely better sound quality. The 430 isn't that much newer anyway.

MikeNg

Second Unit
I've always like the amp section on the HK. They build all their amps with high current in mind, so you know you'll get plenty of 'bang' when you need it. I have not used the Yammy, so I can't say how it will perform.

I've had 6 different HK power products. All their analog stuff have performed well for me. My $ is on the HK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks