Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The most profound statement about drinking ever

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 of 30 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted November 10 2005 - 04:18 PM

Dying is the number one cause of death.

#22 of 30 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted November 10 2005 - 05:59 PM

The age of discovery is not dead as some have suggested. The next ground breaking discoveries: Life is such that without it.....you die. Lungs prefer air over seawater, pudding, smoke or even soda-pop. Fire + flesh = pain. Race Car Driving is actually dangerous. Boxing can cause brain damage if you get hit in the head a lot. Hitler wasn't a very good humanitarian. Gary Busey....kind of nuts. Michael Jackson.....kind of creepy. Jumping out of a plane at high altitudes without a parachute is bad for your health. ...and they just keep coming.
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#23 of 30 OFFLINE   Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor

• 540 posts

Posted November 11 2005 - 12:56 PM

It was already done, two or three years ago. I saw on in the odd news at Yahoo; the headline was They Needed A Study For This? They showed that intoxication affects the part of the brain that relates to facial recognition and the number they gave for improvement in perceived attractiveness was 25%. jeremy

#24 of 30 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted November 12 2005 - 01:30 AM

There was also a study (in Yahoo News yesterday) that said "Smarter kids may live longer lives"

All I was imagining was the dumb ones, out playing in traffic. Posted Image
Mitch Hedberg: I like to drink red wine. This girl says "Doesn't red wine give you a headache?" "Yeah, eventually! But the first and the middle part are amazing."

#25 of 30 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 06:59 AM

Jeremy, so it is 25% increase in attractiveness eh? Hmmm. So, if a girl that is rated an 8 in attractiveness walks into a bar, all the drunk guys there would go nuts because she would look like a 10! This could also save women money too - if they want to look more attractive they can save money on clothes by walking into a bar - PLUS they get free drinks! Not sure if it is worth the sideeffects though - oggled and groped by drunk frat boys (or worse) sure is a downside. Andrew should write a grant proposal to further this research.
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#26 of 30 OFFLINE   Matt Stieg

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator

• 228 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 08:20 AM

I once read about a study whereby it was determined that high school kids who get less sleep at night tend to be more tired during the day.

#27 of 30 OFFLINE   Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor

• 883 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 10:02 AM

Marriage is the main cause of divorce.
Government in action = Government inaction

#28 of 30 OFFLINE   MichaelBA

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor

• 747 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 10:07 AM

A thread that has strayed too far from its original posting contains postings that have strayed too from their original thread.
He's got the bit between his teeth... all right!

#29 of 30 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,769 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 08:18 PM

Thanks very much. Posted Image Actually, not my field of study. All my work is either concerned with ageing (sorry, American cousins, I of course mean aging) and some fairly rare types of mental handicap in young kids. I know, I pick the really fun parts of the subject.

#30 of 30 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,553 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted November 14 2005 - 12:25 AM

I find that drinking relieves the distressing symptoms of cold sobriety.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users