What's new

How big is your dedicated Home Theater??? (1 Viewer)

We are in the process of buying a small house....

I'm pretty much letting her do what she wants with the Upstairs and I get to build a decent garage and do up the basement how I want....

Its pretty much a big rectangle and I plan on dividing it up into 3-4 rooms...

1. A small Home Office
2. A Utility room (washer/Dryer, Freezer, Heater, etc..etc..)
3. A small Bar Area with and entrance to.......... #4
4. A Home Theater

I'm just not sure how big I need to make it.... I don't want it too small, but I don't want it too big either and not be able to ever fill it or make it look right...

So, How big is your theater Width and Length????

How many people is yours built to seat???

I was thinking 4-6... I'd love 8, but I think thats pushing it with our house and budget....

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
My first theater EP 1 was 12' wide & 14' deep. It had 4 seats that was good for the family but not for guests.
My second theater EP 3 is about 14'wide and 23' deep. It seats 8 with room behind the back row. Now we have room for guests.

Paul_C

Stunt Coordinator
Mine is (Drywall is finally primed) almost 14' by 20'. First row seats 4 and second row seats 3. I have about 6 inches to the back wall. I used real theater seats for the back row.

Good luck.

Paul.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My dedicated theater is 16x9, a stand alone structure in the garage. It seats 7 and has a screen size of 85".

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Mine is 13'3" X 32' which includes the bar area at the rear. The width is about the smallest to go if planning on 3 recliner seats in a row, as is my middle row. My first row is two reclining love seats side-by-side. My third row is a 5-seat theater row. Also seating at bar.

Use link below to see pictures.

David

Thomas_A

Second Unit
18x12 for mine. has seating for 7. I could do seating for 8 in the future. screen size is 92"

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
23x17x8. Seats two rows of four along with a casual bar at the back (stand up or stools). It's quite remarkable how quickly the space fills up. Don't forget you need room for more then just chairs. Allow for suitable walking space beside and between the rows. The last thing you want is a room that feels cramped. And if you can avoid seats against walls that's a big plus.

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator

Yes! Remember chairs recline and footrests come up. My middle riser is 6'6" in depth. Minimum needed when front row seats are reclined and mid row footrests are up. Still room to walk past.

David

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Howdy all,

It's been a while since I've posted but I've got free time to discuss home theatre again. My dedicated room is roughly 10'x18' with a dedicated riser at the rear. It cant seat 6 comfortably on two leater couches. I also have a 57" 16x9 PRPTV HDTY approx. 7' to the first row of seating.

Cheers,
Andrew

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
Mine will be about 16x20 when we get in the first of December. Seating will be 2 rows of 3 theater recliners and a bar/game table behind that could seat 3 or 4 more on bar stools.
Put your Bar in the Theater room and you can make the Theater Bigger ;)

Matthew Bryde

Auditioning
My home theatre room is 16' x 20'. I have 2 x 2.5 seater recliners at the back of the room (facing the screen) and a 2 seater on the side. I also have 4 matching bean bags. So it accomodates up to 10 adults and I have fit in 28 people at one point in time.

The missus insisted it had to double a a formal lounge room.

Craig W

Second Unit
I am almost done. The room is 11.5w by 25d. The lower level is 11.5w by 17 with the final 8' raised 9" for the second row. When done it should seat 6 comfortably.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
25 long x 12 wide x 8 high with seating for only 8. First row of 3 theater seats and 2nd row of 5 on a raised platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks