What's new

Snakes on a Plane (2006)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Title: Snakes on a Plane

Tagline: Sit back. Relax. Enjoy the fright.

Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller, Horror

Director: David R. Ellis

Cast: Samuel L. Jackson, Julianna Margulies, Nathan Phillips, Kenan Thompson, Rachel Blanchard, Flex Alexander, Keith Dallas, Sunny Mabrey, Lin Shaye, Bruce James, Casey Dubois, Gerard Plunkett, Terry Chen, Elsa Pataky, Emily Holmes, Mark Houghton, David Koechner, Bobby Cannavale, Crystal Lowe, Todd Louiso, Kendall Cross, Samantha McLeod, Ann Warn Pegg, Taylor Kitsch, Kevin McNulty, Agam Darshi, Lisa Marie Caruk, Mi-Jung Lee, Lesley Aletter

Release: 2006-08-06

Runtime: 105

Plot: America is on the search for the murderer Eddie Kim. Sean Jones must fly to L.A. to testify in a hearing against Kim. Accompanied by FBI agent Neville Flynn, the flight receives some unexpected visitors.

New Samuel L. Jackson movie. Due in August 2006. Any movie with a title like "Snakes on a Plane" deserves a thread, no? I can't imagine actually going to see it, though:

That plot is . . . a little thin.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I think I've been on a flight once in my life that was that empty. Where did everyone go? Did the snakes already eat them? And just how many snakes fit in a crate? Are these normal snakes or have they been genetically engineered to be "smart"? Has Sam Jackson ever turned down a film offer?

So many questions....:D

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I believe its from the guys who made Cellular which was quite fun and certainly didn't take itself seriously. With a title like "Snakes on a Plane" I'm guessing this one will have the same tone and hopefully the same amount of fun. I'm looking forward to it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Not that it matters, but is this a goofy Blaxploitation thing? Based on that title I'd expect htis to be a 1940's serial.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I guess someone else got the rights to "Scorpions on a Sub"?

This HAS to be a Zucker bros style comedy, right? RIGHT?

PLEASE GOD LET IT BE A ZUCKER STYLE COMEDY! DON"T LET HOLLYWOOD STOOP SO LOW AS TO SERIOUSLY MAKE A MOVIE CALLED "SNAKES ON A PLANE"!

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
This might be good. I don't know much about it, but, while not a comedy, it sounds like the filmmakers have their tongues firmly planted in cheek...

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

I actually passed out from that post!

The Sequel could be "Plane on some Snakes" In which a plane full of snakes crashes into a mountain in Peru, full of MORE SNAKES! They could get Wesley Snipes to be in it.:emoji_thumbsup:

There's a picture on that Rotten tomato's link (I'm too stupid to know how to post it) of Jackson helping a guy who is sticking his groin out. Maybe the plane is full of trouser snakes? (Jackson does not look impressed in that picture!)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
That IMDB post is actually an excerpt from Josh Friedman's
blog - not coincidentally one of the funniest and searingly spot-on blogs on the planet.

Unfortunately, it looks like the original blog "Snakes on a motherfucking plane" is missing! Here's more:

"What else do you need to know? How the snakes get on the plane, what the snakes do once they're on the plane, who puts the snakes on the plane, who is trying to get the snakes off the plane...This is not for you to ponder. There are snakes on the plane. End of fucking story."

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait for this thing. Unintentional comedy or no, just the sheer balls of Hollywood saying "yunno what? Fuck it. It's snakes on a plane. You're going to see it or you won't. But it's snakes on a plane, so I bet you will" that has me dying laughing everytime I think about it. No movie can get any more high concept. None. The pitch is the TITLE. That's it. It's beautiful.

I cannot wait.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
This is actually going to be a touching metaphor of terroism (snakes) in a post 9/11 world (the plane).

NO IT'S NOT! IT'S A GOD DAMN PLANE FULL OF FRIGGEN SNAKES! AND BLESS THERE EVIL LITTLE STONE HEARTS FOR MAKING IT!!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
"I went in with low expectations and to my surprise actually enjoyed it"

"If you go in expecting Citizen Kane, you will be dissapointed"

"Leave your brain at the door"

"This is pure popcorn entertainment"

"I avoided this one in the theater due to horrible reviews, decided to rent it on the advice of a friend... it was much better than expected. Glad I saw it, I will be picking up the DVD!"

--
H

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks