What's new

DDD 20% Off Sale? (1 Viewer)

Dan-P

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know when/if DDD is going to have their semi-annual 20% Off everything sale this November? Last year I placed my order on November 20, so apparently it was right before Thanksgiving. I have a TON of stuff that I want to buy on sale this year and I'm waiting and don't want to miss it (their e-mails to me go to my unmonitored e-mail account that I just give to potential spam sources, so I won't find out that way). Does anyone have any info about this?

Thanks,
Dan P.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
Searching DVDtalk forums, I read a possibility of it starting Friday Nov. 11th. It happened in the middle of November last year so we shall see. It's better to keep it hush hush;)

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I think the most recent summer sale started a bit late, so that might influence the date. Still, I can't imagine it would be after November or at least early December, as they surely want to get the Christmas buying crowd.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I almost posted this... it's been hard not too. :)

I have about $300 worth of stuff to get. Come on DDD, take my money!

Ryan

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Hint: the DDD site tends to get a bit slow when the sale hits. Spend some time now putting items you want into your Wish List, and then when it comes time to order it will be easier and faster.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Not really.

Since the sale is never limited to stock on hand sharing the knowledge of the sale with your fellow HTF members is always a good thing.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
So, if I place an order, and my items are backordered... and they don't ship until after the sale ends, I still get the lower price? That's awesome if that's so. I have no problem waiting for a great deal.

Dan-P

Stunt Coordinator
I know their summer sale started a little late, and I'd heard a rumor someplace (horrors!) that they were considering going to just one sale a year rather than two. Hopefully that's not true, but that's why I asked about the November sale. During the year I buy a lot of sets that I absolutely have to have now, but anything that can wait a little bit I just put on my wishlist and splurge with DDD. Right now I have about $1,600 worth of DVDs on my wishlist, yikes. I usually order about $500 at a time, but it's probably going to be more this time - lots of great stuff has come out. So I'm real excited about this - hopefully it is soon :)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
If you place orders for currently released discs during the sale, that don't ship till after the sale ends then yes you still get the discounted price when it ships. But the 20% off codes do NOT work on pre-orders (which is why many people wait until Tuesday to place at least one of their orders to use the codes on discs released that week).

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Thanks for the info, Scott! :)

I know that pre-orders don't work. I was indeed talking about currently released titles.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans

No really...its better not to talk about it BECAUSE IT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN!! DVDTalk does not let any of their forum members talk about. DVDtalk co sponsers this wonderful thing by the way. And like Dan P said above it might just be once a year because DDD is not making enough money on this.I just dont want to get our hopes up.
Sheesh:rolleyes

It seems now thanks to DDD I shop only only twice a year!

Anyways..twiddling my thumbs till Friday..I hope:)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It seems some of you have forgotten the first rule of the DDD 20% off sale...

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans

DON'T TALK about the DDD 20% OFF SALE!

:D
And I thought I was the only one, Thank you!:D

RyanAn

Screenwriter
ahem...

Promotion/Sale Code option now available on shopping cart...

/end ahem...

I may be jumping the gun, just a heads up.

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It's actually been gone for me for the last month or so, that is why I mentioned it.

Ryan

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
The Promotion Code / Sale Code box only shows up after you login. It has always been this way.

Just two more days! Just kidding! :wink: Wishful (hopeful) thinking! ;)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
last year the sale started on the 14th of this month.
i had talked to one of the CRs in the spring and asked about the sales and i was told then that they were probably going to go to once a year and they didn't make much on the sale as it was. i took that to mean that the June sale would be the most in jeopardy, as a sale pre-Christmas seems to be a much surer bet.

if we go thru next week with no word, then i would start to worry.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I've never ordered from the site before, but if they have a sale that includes December 6th, I will purchase all eight of the TV-DVD sets I want for that day from them. Question, though: how long does it typically take to receive an order, assuming everything is in stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks