Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

DDD 20% Off Sale?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
229 replies to this topic

#1 of 230 OFFLINE   Dan-P

Dan-P

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted November 05 2005 - 02:01 PM

Does anyone know when/if DDD is going to have their semi-annual 20% Off everything sale this November? Last year I placed my order on November 20, so apparently it was right before Thanksgiving. I have a TON of stuff that I want to buy on sale this year and I'm waiting and don't want to miss it (their e-mails to me go to my unmonitored e-mail account that I just give to potential spam sources, so I won't find out that way). Does anyone have any info about this?

Thanks,
Dan P.

#2 of 230 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,513 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted November 05 2005 - 02:04 PM

As soon as (or if) anyone hears anything, I'm sure it will be posted in this section.

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#3 of 230 OFFLINE   Tim_P_76

Tim_P_76

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted November 05 2005 - 04:22 PM

Searching DVDtalk forums, I read a possibility of it starting Friday Nov. 11th. It happened in the middle of November last year so we shall see. It's better to keep it hush hushPosted Image
I am currently always swamped watching my ginormous 20% off sale orders from DeepDiscountDVD...

#4 of 230 OFFLINE   Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts

Posted November 06 2005 - 03:04 AM

I think the most recent summer sale started a bit late, so that might influence the date. Still, I can't imagine it would be after November or at least early December, as they surely want to get the Christmas buying crowd.

#5 of 230 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted November 06 2005 - 11:22 AM

I almost posted this... it's been hard not too. Posted Image

I have about $300 worth of stuff to get. Come on DDD, take my money!

Ryan

#6 of 230 OFFLINE   GlennH

GlennH

Screenwriter

• 2,126 posts

Posted November 06 2005 - 03:00 PM

Hint: the DDD site tends to get a bit slow when the sale hits. Spend some time now putting items you want into your Wish List, and then when it comes time to order it will be easier and faster.

#7 of 230 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,041 posts

Posted November 06 2005 - 06:45 PM

Quote:
It's better to keep it hush hush
Not really.

Since the sale is never limited to stock on hand sharing the knowledge of the sale with your fellow HTF members is always a good thing.

#8 of 230 OFFLINE   Random Hero

Random Hero

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted November 06 2005 - 07:18 PM

So, if I place an order, and my items are backordered... and they don't ship until after the sale ends, I still get the lower price? That's awesome if that's so. I have no problem waiting for a great deal.

#9 of 230 OFFLINE   Dan-P

Dan-P

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted November 07 2005 - 01:47 AM

I know their summer sale started a little late, and I'd heard a rumor someplace (horrors!) that they were considering going to just one sale a year rather than two. Hopefully that's not true, but that's why I asked about the November sale. During the year I buy a lot of sets that I absolutely have to have now, but anything that can wait a little bit I just put on my wishlist and splurge with DDD. Right now I have about $1,600 worth of DVDs on my wishlist, yikes. I usually order about $500 at a time, but it's probably going to be more this time - lots of great stuff has come out. So I'm real excited about this - hopefully it is soon Posted Image

#10 of 230 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted November 07 2005 - 05:16 AM

Quote:
So, if I place an order, and my items are backordered... and they don't ship until after the sale ends, I still get the lower price? That's awesome if that's so. I have no problem waiting for a great deal.
If you place orders for currently released discs during the sale, that don't ship till after the sale ends then yes you still get the discounted price when it ships. But the 20% off codes do NOT work on pre-orders (which is why many people wait until Tuesday to place at least one of their orders to use the codes on discs released that week).

#11 of 230 OFFLINE   Random Hero

Random Hero

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted November 07 2005 - 06:14 AM

Thanks for the info, Scott! Posted Image

I know that pre-orders don't work. I was indeed talking about currently released titles.

#12 of 230 OFFLINE   Tim_P_76

Tim_P_76

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted November 07 2005 - 05:35 PM

Not really.

No really...its better not to talk about it BECAUSE IT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN!! DVDTalk does not let any of their forum members talk about. DVDtalk co sponsers this wonderful thing by the way. And like Dan P said above it might just be once a year because DDD is not making enough money on this.I just dont want to get our hopes up.
SheeshPosted Image

It seems now thanks to DDD I shop only only twice a year!

Anyways..twiddling my thumbs till Friday..I hopePosted Image
I am currently always swamped watching my ginormous 20% off sale orders from DeepDiscountDVD...

#13 of 230 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,576 posts

Posted November 08 2005 - 04:42 AM

It seems some of you have forgotten the first rule of the DDD 20% off sale...

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#14 of 230 OFFLINE   Tim_P_76

Tim_P_76

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted November 08 2005 - 05:44 AM

It seems some of you have forgotten the first rule of the DDD 20% off sale...

DON'T TALK about the DDD 20% OFF SALE!

Posted Image
And I thought I was the only one, Thank you!Posted Image

#15 of 230 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted November 08 2005 - 03:56 PM

ahem...

Promotion/Sale Code option now available on shopping cart...

/end ahem...

I may be jumping the gun, just a heads up.

Ryan

#16 of 230 OFFLINE   Tim_P_76

Tim_P_76

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted November 08 2005 - 05:00 PM

Sorry Ryan, That code box is always there.

#17 of 230 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted November 08 2005 - 05:23 PM

It's actually been gone for me for the last month or so, that is why I mentioned it.

Ryan

#18 of 230 OFFLINE   Robert Powers

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator

• 154 posts

Posted November 09 2005 - 01:03 AM

The Promotion Code / Sale Code box only shows up after you login. It has always been this way.

Just two more days! Just kidding! :wink: Wishful (hopeful) thinking! Posted Image

#19 of 230 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted November 09 2005 - 01:35 PM

last year the sale started on the 14th of this month.
i had talked to one of the CRs in the spring and asked about the sales and i was told then that they were probably going to go to once a year and they didn't make much on the sale as it was. i took that to mean that the June sale would be the most in jeopardy, as a sale pre-Christmas seems to be a much surer bet.

if we go thru next week with no word, then i would start to worry.

#20 of 230 OFFLINE   ElijahS

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

• 751 posts

Posted November 09 2005 - 03:27 PM

I've never ordered from the site before, but if they have a sale that includes December 6th, I will purchase all eight of the TV-DVD sets I want for that day from them. Question, though: how long does it typically take to receive an order, assuming everything is in stock?
- Elijah

My TV DVD Collection

STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIPThe all-new drama from the creator of THE WEST WING and SPORTS NIGHTPremiering this fall on NBCThe last five minutes of St. Elsewhere is the only television show, ever. Everything else is a daydream.

Forum Nav Content I Follow