-

Photo
- - - - -

Embarrasing habits..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 of 40 OFFLINE   DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted November 04 2005 - 05:56 AM

Listening to a Radio bit on WPlJ with Rocky Allen. He was discussing how it's completly disgusting to see people pick your nose in public.

While I don't do that Posted Image, I did once have an ear ich that was just bugging the hell out of me. So i took my index finger, did a quick little rub with the fingernail, and noticed one lady staring at me as we walked by. Quickly took my finger out and plan to make a note not to do that again. Posted Image

would you walk up to someone and tell them to just stop it, or would you walk by without saying a word? Posted Image

#2 of 40 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,503 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted November 04 2005 - 06:01 AM

Some people seem to have the inclination to stare at such things. I tend to take in what's happening pretty quickly and just look away. Never mind approaching someone about it.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#3 of 40 OFFLINE   Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner

Screenwriter

• 2,950 posts

Posted November 04 2005 - 06:36 AM

I would subtly hum "Lookin' for Love in All the Wrong Places". Posted Image

#4 of 40 OFFLINE   AaronMg

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator

• 248 posts

Posted November 04 2005 - 07:34 AM

If I have an itch in my ear, I itch it. If you dont like it you dont have to watch!

#5 of 40 OFFLINE   Colton

Colton

Supporting Actor

• 795 posts

Posted November 04 2005 - 08:10 AM

Who doesn't love rolling a booger on your finger?

- Colton

#6 of 40 OFFLINE   GordonL

GordonL

Supporting Actor

• 771 posts

Posted November 04 2005 - 08:38 AM

Quote:
He was discussing how it's completly disgusting to see people pick your nose in public.
I can see how other people picking my nose in public would be disgusting. I usually tell them to go pick their own nose! Posted Image

Picking one's nose in public seems to be a cultural thing. I read somewhere once that only "Western" countries think it's disgusting but it's acceptable everywhere else.

#7 of 40 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted November 04 2005 - 11:12 AM

Quote:
Who doesn't love rolling a booger on your finger?

Posted Image

Hey we all need to clean house sometimes. When I pick; I pick in peace or real quickly if in public.

"Its not a pick; its a scratch!"
"Thou shall not pick!"

Posted Image
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#8 of 40 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted November 04 2005 - 02:32 PM

Or, as George Carlin once said, "You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose - but you can't pick your friend's nose." Posted Image

Joe

#9 of 40 OFFLINE   Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter

• 1,156 posts

Posted November 04 2005 - 03:01 PM

Things I don't like seeing in public, a short list:

- Don't clip your fingernails in public, especially at the airport or hanging out in the lobby of a hotel (worse even: in a restaurant).
- Don't abuse your kids in public, don't yell at them or tug their arms forcefully or, worse, slap them around.
- Don't take your shoes off and rub your bare (obviously hot, tired, achey, obviously unclean) feet with your bare hands in public. If you do, I'm going to be watching to see that you wash those hands afterwards.
- In the same vein, I believe flip flops are a bad habit we've gotten into. I don't want to see your fucking feet, hippy dude. Especially in a restaurant or a food court or even next to me on the airplane. YUCK! Put some shoes on.
- Wear a tie with baseball caps on it, but don't wear a baseball cap and a tie. (I know that's not really a "bad habit," but it's clown shit and gets on my nerves.)
- Don't spit. For goodness sake there's an epidemic of spitting happening in our cities. And it just so happens that every time I look your way, you happen to be spitting; it never fails. Who spits so much? I never ever spit unless a bug flies in my mouth or something (which never happens, see next bullet)
- Close your mouth. What are you doing, catching flies?
- Don't litter. Here in the city, I see people actually walk past trash pails to throw garbage down the storm drains clearly marked "DON'T DUMP, CHESAPEAKE BAY DRAINAGE." Don't dump! This means YOU! And this goes for you freaks in your VW microbuses with the "Don't Litter" bumper stickers who think nothing of tossing your non-decomposable fiberglass cigarette filters out the window. Is the world your ashtray?...

... I guess I went a tad off topic. What the hell am I doing surfing the web on a perfectly good Friday night anyway? Sheesh. Posted Image

MC
ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney

#10 of 40 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted November 04 2005 - 03:21 PM

I have no dispute with any of the items listed except for the spitting.

I'm asthmatic and sometimes I physically need to get rid of congestion while i'm out, HOWEVER, I usually always do it behind a tree or into a bush when no one is looking, and I never, ever make noise while I do it.

It's sadly a routine part of life for an asthmatic, but at least i'm aware that it's gross and try to be discrete about it.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#11 of 40 OFFLINE   Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter

• 1,156 posts

Posted November 05 2005 - 12:43 AM

John, you can spit. I give you permission. Just be discrete. Seems that anyone I glance at on the street, random glancing, picks that exact moment to spit. It's uncanny. And I don't think all these dirtbags are asthmatic.

Just another thing that drives me nuts.

MC
ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney

#12 of 40 OFFLINE   Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts

Posted November 05 2005 - 01:45 AM

Quote:
think nothing of tossing your non-decomposable fiberglass cigarette filters out the window. Is the world your ashtray?...

My thoughts exactly, this bad habit drives me crazy. I especially love it when someone in the car in front of me does this and sends that nice shower of ashes on to my car.

#13 of 40 OFFLINE   Ravi K

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

• 707 posts

Posted November 05 2005 - 10:11 AM

Quote:
Don't abuse your kids in public, don't yell at them or tug their arms forcefully or, worse, slap them around.

Don't exclude others from the fun of beating your bratty kids Posted Image

#14 of 40 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted November 05 2005 - 12:07 PM

Quote:
I did once have an ear ich that was just bugging the hell out of me. So i took my index finger, did a quick little rub with the fingernail, and noticed one lady staring at me as we walked by.

I would've then smelled my finger with a curious look on my face.

#15 of 40 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted November 09 2005 - 07:14 AM

Quote:
I'm asthmatic and sometimes I physically need to get rid of congestion

Have you tried the Singulair pills?

Quote:
I especially love it when someone in the car in front of me does this and sends that nice shower of ashes on to my car.

This one guy driving in front of me unloaded an entire ashtray full of cigarettes out the window. All the cigs landed onto the hood and air intakes of my car. WTF? Smokers can be so damn disgusting sometimes.

I gave him a dirty look when I slowly passed him by (100 km/hr). I think he understood why.
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#16 of 40 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted November 09 2005 - 08:01 AM

Quote:
I gave him a dirty look when I slowly passed him by
he's lucky you were in front of him, instead of me. i would have been a lot less polite.

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#17 of 40 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted November 09 2005 - 09:10 AM

Quote:
Smokers can be so damn disgusting sometimes.
Sometimes?

#18 of 40 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted November 09 2005 - 09:15 AM

Well, what is worse: A supermodel hot babe (versus the scary Kate Moss kinds) that smokes but looks great, rides limousines, and lives in a mansion with a dozen servants, or a non-smoking bachelor that didn't do dishes for a month? Hence the qualification. Posted Image Posted Image

Christ: One day I will snap. Posted Image
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#19 of 40 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted November 09 2005 - 09:39 AM

Quote:
Don't abuse your kids in public
so smacking them at home is ok? Posted Image
Quote:
I believe flip flops are a bad habit we've gotten into. I don't want to see your fucking feet
I'm with ya there! Truly DISGUSTING! Especially with men! I've actually seen it as pompous. Most guys (who wear flip flops or sandals) seem to have a bit of arrogance about them. I don't know what it is, but I've been observing it for quite some time now and it's definitely the shoes. Posted Image

#20 of 40 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,503 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted November 09 2005 - 10:06 AM

Quote:
Most guys (who wear flip flops or sandals) seem to have a bit of arrogance about them. I don't know what it is, but I've been observing it for quite some time now and it's definitely the shoes.
I think you're onto something here! I'm seeing the same connection.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

Back to After Hours Lounge

Forum Nav Content I Follow