-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I found a grey hair...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 of 26 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 05:02 AM

... in my nostril! Sigh...looks like I'm headed for geezer-hood.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 26 Tommy G

Tommy G

Screenwriter

• 1,235 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 05:41 AM

Patrick, welcome to the club. I look at myself in the mirror when I get out of the shower and see these grey chest hairs ewwww. Got the salt and pepper thing going on the head as well. Still have my hair up top though. See, there's always a bright side. Posted Image
Please release The Goodies on Region 1 DVD
My DVDs

#3 of 26 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,054 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 03 2005 - 05:59 AM

Posted Image

Nothing comin' out the ears yet, Patrick? Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#4 of 26 Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted November 03 2005 - 06:36 AM

If you aim your nostril at the movie ticket clerk he may give you a senior discount! Posted Image
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

#5 of 26 Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,409 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, Canada

Posted November 03 2005 - 06:50 AM

I get a couple in my beard now and then. Good thing I have a good pair of tweezers Posted Image
 "Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#6 of 26 Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,634 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted November 03 2005 - 07:09 AM

Pat, it might of died a week ago and just got stuck up there! All hope is not lost.

If somebody asks about the white hair, tell them the above.. it was dead and didn't want to leave. Posted Image

Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#7 of 26 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 07:42 AM

I thought it was a booger-coated hair up there, so I did my best to clean it out, but then it dawned on me that it was simply grey, and you know that sound that the record needle makes when it goes off-track drastically, that was what was going through my mind upon the discovery.

#8 of 26 Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 7,674 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted November 03 2005 - 08:11 AM

Quote:
If you aim your nostril at the movie ticket clerk he may give you a senior discount!

So that finally explains that photo of Rain......
Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#9 of 26 Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,338 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 08:16 AM

I started gettin grey hairs since I was 25. Relax dude, it only makes you look distinguished.
Click on above image to enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
The Holodeck. My DIY Screen. DIY Subwoofer: The MaxCaliber
My humble collection of DVD's. HTF Beginner's Primer and FAQ

#10 of 26 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,365 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted November 03 2005 - 08:38 AM

I had grey hairs at age seven! Nowhere but my head though.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#11 of 26 RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,456 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 08:42 AM

You know what they say about snow on the roof and fire in the basement....Posted Image

#12 of 26 Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 08:44 AM

I'm 35 and have had the graying on the sides. Not too much, but it's noticeable up close. Like others have said, it's looks distinguished. Besides, I'm just happy I have hair! I figured I'd be balding by now and I'm not!

#13 of 26 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 08:58 AM

I don't mind the grey hairs on the face and head, but nostrils? Next thing I know, I'll find hairs in my ears!

#14 of 26 Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 09:06 AM

Trust me, Patrick, I've already found 'em in my ears! Ick! Not to mention gray hairs in my nose, on my chest, and in my temples. I started getting gray hairs when I was in my late 20's, and now I kinda like them on my temples. Anywhere else... ewwwww!
"I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise."

"Attention all personnel. Tonight's movie is a holdover from last week and will be shown right after supper, which is also a holdover from last week."

#15 of 26 Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
You know what they say about snow on the roof and fire in the basement....

They say "Damn, thats some fine-ass attic insulation."
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#16 of 26 Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 01:01 PM

I have grey hairs on both temples and I'm 19. My mommy tells me it'll make me look distinguished. Posted Image
"Old theatres are irreplaceable. They could never be duplicated at today's costs - but more importantly, their spirit could not be duplicated because they remind us of a day when going to the show was a more glorious and escapist experience. I think a town's old theatres are the sanctuary of...

#17 of 26 Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 7,674 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted November 03 2005 - 03:19 PM

I'm 52 and don't have any grey hair on my head. But my chest hairs are all grey. Your DNA has different coding for hair color on the head versus on the chest.
Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#18 of 26 Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt

Screenwriter

• 2,344 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 04:04 PM

I've got a bunch of 'em, and I'm only 30. I was a little surprised, however, when I last got a haircut and the barber used the electric razor on my ears (to get some fuzz on my lobes, might I hastily add, but still..).

Adam

#19 of 26 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 05:31 PM

I just about had a coronary when I found my first one on the morning of my 27th birthday. Since then my hair has progressively turned platinum white. I'd say about half the hairs on my head have turned, while all the other hairs on my body (except you know where) have started turning blonde to some degree or another. My goatee is almost entirely blonde and my natural hair color is a dark bronzy brown.

I have long hair, past shoulder-length, that I keep in a ponytail. I haven't figured out whether to a) wait until the process is complete and have bitchin' albino hair, b) start dying it some off the wall color or c) dye it a safe color, close to my natural color (my mom would obviously vote for this one). Choices, choices. Posted Image
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#20 of 26 Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor

• 762 posts

Posted November 04 2005 - 04:22 PM

I'm facing the big 4-0 in a few months, and what I find depressing is the beginnings of a mustache! Posted Image And these are hairs that are similar in consistency to wire - is E.T. using my upper lip to mount micro antennae to get a better signal to phone home? Posted Image
The shape I'm in you could donate my body to science fiction! - Rodney Dangerfield, "Back to School"

Forum Nav Content I Follow