What's new

DVDs possibly lost in the mail - what do you do ? (1 Viewer)

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
I have been pre-ordering DVDs at an average of about 2-3 per week for the last 5-6 years and have never lost any DVDs in the mail before. I had 2 titles shipped to me from DVDPlanet over 2 weeks ago and they never showed up. All other DVD shipments have taken less than a week to arrive (in fact I have already received DVDs that were shipped a week after the "lost" DVDs were shipped) and I have reason to suspect that the DVDs may be lost. I am just not sure if the DVDs got lost in transit or if someone stole them from my mailbox. The DVDs were shipped by ordinary USPS mail and so there is no way to track them. I may be overreacting, but if the DVDs don't show up for another week or so what kind of recourse do I have ? Has anyone encountered this situation before ?

Thanks,
-D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Let customer service know about the situation. Usually after a certain number of days, they'll offer to re-send the order to you, and in the event the original order shows up (albeit really late), just send them back, or ask for a return label to ship the extra shipment back to them.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Thanks Patrick ! Once again I think I hit the panic button too soon. The DVDs finally showed up yesterday. I get an average of 1-2 DVD shipments per weeks and this is the first one that has taken longer than 2 weeks. I guess I got more anxious than I should have because these were DVDs I was really looking forward to watching.

-D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks