Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Saving Private Ryan 60th anniv. (DTS?)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   tonyKwok

tonyKwok

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted November 01 2005 - 05:36 AM

hi

I seemed to be reading conflicting reviews/specs on the 2-disc Saving Private Ryan 60th anniv. set regarding the audio format. If anyone owns this DVD, can you confirm whether it has the DTS track on it?

thanks
tony

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   SteveCallas

SteveCallas

Second Unit

• 475 posts

Posted November 01 2005 - 06:15 AM

I'm 99% sure that only the deluxe set has the DTS version.
http://www.amazon.co....v=glance&s=dvd

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   JoshB

JoshB

Supporting Actor

• 901 posts

Posted November 01 2005 - 06:47 AM

To get DTS on the 60th Anniv, you have to buy the WW2 Collection, which includes SPR 2-disc w/ DTS and the 2 docs (Shooting War and Price for Peace). It comes in a boxset like case, with SPR getting the same case as the other 60th Anniv. version, and the 2 docs come in standard single disc cases.

One thing this set comes with that the other version does not is a booklet with photos, a few essays, and comments from the cast, crew, veterans, and others. I can't remember all the photos or comments, but it was a nice feature nonetheless, though its not on par wit hthe ones found with Schinlder's List Gift Set or Jaws 30th Anniv.

If you look around the DVD trade/sale forums, either here or at DVDTalk, you might be able to find this DTS version for a pretty good price, although it may or may not include the above mentioned discs and booklet.
"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men."

Operation Iraqi Freedom Campaign Veteran, 06-08.
Operation Iraqi Freedom Campaign Veteran, 09-10.

Operation Enduring Freedom Campaign Veteran, 12-13.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   tonyKwok

tonyKwok

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted November 01 2005 - 08:37 AM

ah, thanks for the info guys.