-

Photo

SPHE Press Release: Matt Helm Lounge

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,621 posts

Posted October 31 2005 - 10:24 PM

THE ORIGINAL MAN OF MYSTERY, MATT HELM ARRIVES IN A SPECIAL COLLECTOR’S 4-DISC SET

– MATT HELM LOUNGE AVAILABLE ON DVD DECEMBER 6 –

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (September 26, 2005) – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment pays tribute to the original man of mystery, Matt Helm with the release of four popular films to DVD in a collectible box set. Matt Helm Lounge features The Silencers and for 3 other classic Matt Helm titles available for the first time on DVD Murderer’s Row, The Ambushers, and The Wrecking Crew. Available December 6th at an SLP of $34.95 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

Matt Helm Lounge features a stellar cast headlined by the infamous Dean Martin. In The Silencers, the first Matt Helm movie, Matt Helm is coaxed out of semi-retirement by an attractive ex-partner. The all star cast also includes Stella Stevens and Daliah Lavi, from director Phil Karlson. Murderer’s Row gives viewers a scare when the handsome top agent Matt dies a tragic death in his bath tub – however it’s just faked for his latest top-secret mission. In addition to Dean, the cast features Ann Margret and Karl Malden from Director Henry Levin. Also directed by Henry Levin, The Ambushers features a government space saucer that is hijacked mid-flight by a powerful laser beam under the control of Jose Ortega. The cast includes Senta Berger and Janice Rule. The Wrecking Crew is an adventurous tale of stolen gold and Matt’s mission to prevent a financial crisis. The film features Elke Sommer and Sharon Tate, from Director Phil Karlson.

Synopses:

The Silencers:

The first of the series of Matt Helm films, the big cheese of Big O, an organization that wants to sabotage the American atomic missile system. It is up to secret agent Helm to save the day.

Murderer’s Row:

The handsome top agent Matt dies a tragic death in his bathtub – the women mourn the loss. But it is just a faked stunt for his latest top-secret mission. He shall find Dr. Solaris, inventor of the Helium laser beam, powerful enough to destroy a whole continent. It seems that Dr. Solaris has been kidnapped by a criminal organization. The trace leads to the Cote D’Azur…

The Ambushers:

A government space saucer is hijacked mid-flight by a powerful laser beam under the control of Jose Orgega, who then proceeds to rape the female pilot, Sheila Sommars. I.C.E. sends agent Matt helm to Acapulco with Sheila to recover the saucer, under the guise of Matt taking fashion photographs of beautiful models. Matt is temporarily sidetracked, falling prey to the seductive charms of enemy agent Francesca Madeiros.

The Wrecking Crew:

The count has stolen enough gold to cause a financial crisis in the world markets so I.C.E. sends in ace spy Matt Helm to stop him. As Matt works alone, the British send in Freya to aid Matt, but it seems that Freya causes more problems than she solves.

Matt Helm Lounge

DVD Catalog #: 10881
DVD UPC Code: 043396108813
DVD Order Date: 11-3-05
DVD SLP: $34.95

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 Mark Oates

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor

• 874 posts

Posted November 02 2005 - 06:57 AM

Doing the Snoopy dance. Years of bitching about a release have paid off! Posted Image
J Mark Oates
Do Not Be Afraid. That sound is simply my mind boggling.

#3 of 7 Todd Robertson

Todd Robertson

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted November 02 2005 - 11:35 AM

Awesome. I thought I'd missed the releases....was it not originally scheduled for a few months back? Anyway....I'm all over it.

Whats the OAR of these films?
My DVD/Film Library
dvd folders under construction:wink:

#4 of 7 Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 851 posts

Posted November 02 2005 - 01:49 PM

But are they all letterboxed?
Ken

#5 of 7 ChristopherBlig

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted November 03 2005 - 02:42 AM

and do they have any extras like trailers?
"RUN AWAY!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!"
(Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

My DVD Collection
My DVD Collection Too The 29 Days of Oscar are at dvdauthority.com...thanks again to all

#6 of 7 Bill Parisho

Bill Parisho

Stunt Coordinator

• 140 posts

Posted November 28 2005 - 02:12 PM

Ken and Christopher: You guys are asking the right questions. I believe it's very important that all four of these films be released in their correct ratios. I realize that the Matt Helm movies are not exactly James Bond, but wouldn't it be nice if they get released with some respect. I don't expect trailers to be included but boy will I let out a cheer if trailers are added to the set!
Bill Parisho

#7 of 7 Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted November 29 2005 - 11:10 AM

All of them were 1:85 flat I believe. My old 35mm print of Wrecking Crew was that way.