Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

budget tv

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Ryan*Heller

Ryan*Heller

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted October 31 2005 - 04:33 AM

Ok im new to this site and i think its great i dont know if this is the right place to post this but im gonna give it a try. i was told to go to this site by my cousin after countless hours of searching on webpages about hdtvs. Heres my situation im 16 and i was planning on buying a 42 inch smasung dlp for 1800 dollars at circuit city my mind was set because it was a tv that was over 40 inches and was under 2k. But then my parents got divorced and money is now tight so i only have about 1300 dollars to spend so theres know way i could get a 40inch plus tv for under 1500 so i started looking at smaller tvs but then one day out of luck i went to my local game store and heard about this guy that sells display models and its all legal and legit but he has a 50 inch sony lcd for 1300 dollars and im kinda confused on what i should do because my original goal was to get an dlp tv because i heard that was ideal for gaming and movies. he didnt have the exact model number but the tv was in perfect condition so basically ive read a lot about dlp vs lcd but im still not sure on what i can do. so if anyone is intrested on helping a boy on a budget find an hdtv that can run 720p or 1080i for a good deal or recommend some that would help a lot so if your willing to help let me know so i can send you more info thanks Ryan Heller

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne

Screenwriter

• 2,406 posts

Posted October 31 2005 - 04:44 AM

Floor model DLP's and non-direct view LCD's are tricky because you don't know how long the projection lamp will last.

>>> my parents got divorced

How stable are your living arrangements? If you will have to move a lot, an RPTV, or rather any large TV, is not going to work out well.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.c...ynejr/video.htm

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Ryan*Heller

Ryan*Heller

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted October 31 2005 - 10:20 AM

well ill be staying put for a while so thats not a problem

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   John S

John S

Producer

• 5,460 posts

Posted November 01 2005 - 01:46 AM

Man, you can probably score a decent front projector for that and a screen. Go for some serious screen size. Posted Image

Here is a decent Plasma deal in your budget, on a quick search, certainly a good enough to deal to look into it some more.

http://www.plasmawor.../FWD50PX1W.html

You will be hard pressed to get even 32" in LCD direct view technology.

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne

Screenwriter

• 2,406 posts

Posted November 02 2005 - 04:41 AM

If you can squeeze a few more dollars from your parents, a new Sanyo PLV-Z3 or Panasonic AE700 front projector is a good bet. These are good quality, LCD, 720p, obtainable for about $1600., and can be easily packed for moving (need insurance though) except you need to have a dark room for viewing any front projected picture. I was going to suggest the Sanyo 'Z2, also a 720p LCD, and costing under $1300., but I don't think that model has HDCP, without which your HDTV options get complicated and sometimes limited.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Daman

Daman

Second Unit

• 402 posts

Posted November 02 2005 - 04:56 AM

You get can a Panny 42 inch EDTV for around 1300 something from one of the good authorized retailers online. You may want to check that out. Nothing beats the beautiful picture quality of a plasma IMHO.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   James Grasso

James Grasso

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted November 26 2005 - 03:49 PM

"http://www.plasmaworld.net/FWD50PX1W.html"

I would order this set right now, if only I could find anything about their website, anywhere . . . I can't even find www.plasmaworld.net in a google search.

If anyone has any info/experience with them, please, inform us.

Thanks.

PS: Sorry for the threadjack, it was entirely unintentional. I'm also looking for an LCD/Plasma around the $1000 price point, and stumbled across this thread.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   DougRuss

DougRuss

Stunt Coordinator

• 195 posts

Posted November 27 2005 - 02:11 AM

You can also check here ;
http://www.visualape....&MFR=Panasonic
"No matter where you go...there you are."

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Brian_Fly

Brian_Fly

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted November 27 2005 - 05:46 AM

"http://www.plasmaworld.net/FWD50PX1W.html" Holy Schnikes! Anyone placed an order? Maybe a misprint? So I emailed them. They claim it is new, not refurbished or used, but will only accept payment via Western Union. A google search revealed they are listed as fraudulently using the Trust*e logo. Also, the Verisign link on their site does not authenticate their business, but only takes you to the Verisign website. Seems shady.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   mark_czek

mark_czek

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted November 29 2005 - 01:59 PM

i was about to order that sony..... did anyone find any other information about that site?? they say they are based out of new zealand.... i dont know, seems almost too good to be true?

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Charlie*

Charlie*

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted November 30 2005 - 01:23 AM

I bought an emprex 32" lcd hdtv from fry's for 697, no rebates. So far so good;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users