What's new

Titanic Limited Edition Gift Set 11/8? (1 Viewer)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
I read that there will be a Titanic Special Collector's Edition coming out on 11/8. This set comes with a collectable coin and a film cell. Anyone heard of this? I can't seem to find any other info on this or anyplace to preorder it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If that actually exists, I don't think it's coming out in a week and a half. Like you said, it's not even up for pre-order anywhere. It's only supposed to have a coin and one other (minor) thing- no bonus disc, etc.

Maybe Paramount figured why even bother and cancelled it. The people that would buy a gift set have already bought the three disc set and I doubt many people will re-buy something a few weeks later for a coin. :)

Richard M S

Screenwriter
When I purchased the Titanic DVD set on Tuesday at J and R Music World in Manhattan, at the counter the cashier handed me a film frame containing the scene with the 2 of them at the bow, as a "free gift."

I would have preferred a coin instead.:)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This news upsets me, I mean talk about a studio that's not even TRYING to hide the fact that they are manipulating you like a puppet. :rolleyes

They're not manipulating me, just because I love Titanic doesn't mean that i'm a helpless fish who will bite at every piece of bate presented to me by giving them 20+ more dollars of my money just a couple of weeks later. :thumbsdown:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, about three days before. If this had come out at the same time, I'd have probably been a sucker and paid more for it (or at least I assume it's more money since it's a deluxe edition). Fortunately, Paramount made it easy for me to save money, not get some junk AND get the disc faster. :)

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator

I know this is hard to believe, but most people do not buy a DVD the first day or even the first week it comes out.

The holiday shopping season is coming up.... perfect time to release a gift set....

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Sure but the hardcore fan of the movie wants to buy the disc ASAP and they would also be much more likely to buy the deluxe version. By delaying its release, alot of fans just bought the regular one and won't rebuy it. Of course, not all of them but a good number of people that have already bought the regular one might have bought the deluxe.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
For this reason I try to hold out for awhile to see if any kind of SE are announced. This one just happened to be a freak kind of thing before I went to buy the CE. If I do buy something I try not to open it for the 30 return period just in case. Sounds stupid I know. Eventually I will get to see it anyway. Either in barebones or SE form.

AnthonyL

Stunt Coordinator

I received the exact same film frame(with the 2 of them at the bow) too when I purchased the Titanic DVD at hmv so I guess the film frame is not original.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Virgin UK has a 5 disc set with exclusive packaging! Ghosts of The Abyss is the 5th disc. Kinda makes sense...

:)

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I'm confused, my friend claims that the "Titanic Limited Edition Gift Set" has been postponed. I already had bought the 3-disc Special Edition without knowing about the Gift set. :frowning:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Paul, the difference between the gift set and the three disc set is that the gift set has a coin and a film frame. I don't know how bummed you are about missing that stuff but at least the discs are the same. :)

LarryH

Supporting Actor

I would expect that a huge fraction of those purchasing a particular title will purchase it the first week since the price of most high-profile releases is significantly lower during that 5-day window than it will be for many months.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
I could only find this set available for preorder on DVDEmpire but no other on-line e-tailers are showing it. Not even the Paramount Home Entertainment website. What gives. I held off on getting the set that just came out for this. Maybe better off at this point since there is a problem reported on disc one and a fix is will hopefully be announced for it.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Yeah, but in the last few days, it's jumped from a sales ranking in the mid-800s to the mid-400s, so it's clear there's an audience for this (I'm one of them). I really hope it's a DVDEmpire exclusive, but I'm much more inclined to think those of us who've gone without for 2 weeks waiting for this bad boy are pissin' in the wind. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks