What's new

Rumors of more pop/rock SACDs coming from Sony (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I guess when you release squat in many months, 2 titles can be considered opening up the flood gates.

I'm expecting Sony will go back into hiding again.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
When was it that I predicted on-going, token SA-CD suppourt by So-ny? Hmnnn, hot dam, I wish I was wrong more often, and I hope this is the start of a trend. ;)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Remember, Sony has a new CEO. I wonder if this (potential) new interest is a sign that they will (ahem) recommit themselves to SACD?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Aaauh Kevin, don't ya have to commit before you can recommit...?;)

Commit, as I would define it, would mean 10+ titles a month. That's just slow jogging for an outfit like Sony. I wish Telarc would recommit to SA-CD. I took a long, hard look at the new Junior Brown album today... At first I thought it was a hybrid but then realized it was a dreaded DSD-CD!I threw it back in protest!

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member

And last month Sony approved HDMI v1.2 as digital output for SACD. With the pending release of Playstation 3 and Harman Kardon jumping on the SACD bandwagon, maybe something is happening.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Kevin, they'd have to release extensively to make everybody feel like there were one or two discs a month that they actually wanted, me thinks. The catalog they sit on is like the stars in the sky....

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Here's the SACD of Beyonce's Dangerously In Love for US$11.99. This is how the SACD looks like....

This SACD was cancelled by US Sony due to the producers wanting 3X the royalties because the disc contained 3 versions of the same album (CD, hi-rez stereo and multi-channel SACD). However, it was released overseas.

RobBenton

Stunt Coordinator
If the sacd release of Room for Squares uses the same mix as the dualdisc it won't be worth getting as the mix sucks.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Rob, that's nuthin' knew fer So-ny m/C muse-ic grinders. Hmnnn, there's always the confounded Super Audio stereo program.... :)

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
Didn't Beyonce's SACD get negitive reviews? I was going to order it when it was just a import....but those reviews started to come in. But I might get it at 12 bucks than 30 as a import. Wish I waited before ordering that Rory Gallagher SACD.
I hope Sony releases some more Billy Joel albums...

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
So where's "Wish You Were Here"?

It was supposed to be released by the end of the year...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks