What's new

Quantum Leap Season 4? (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
TV Shows on DVD did report that December 13 was the tentative release date, taken from the SciFi Channel's Events Calendar. But looking at the calendar again, there is no mention of this release anywhere for the last two months of this year. That's too bad. It's been a long time since May's Season 3 release. Could Universal be working on music clearances? DVD-18s?

Link: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3110

John*D

Second Unit
We'll probably get a pamphlet in the January UNI-tv releases saying QL Season 4 is coming soon.

The Sliders part of the events calendar did come true, but I would think UNI would have press releases/announcements by now if we were getting QL in less than 2 monthes.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It's not coming in December; they already have too many other things that month.

Universal is constantly changing their release dates until they're announced (and in the case of Miami Vice S2 they posted the date then pulled it and changed it).

Gord

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I believe sci-fi also had Knight Rider S3 listed as coming on 12/6. But the official date ended up being 1/31/06. Hopefully we will see QL S4 Late Jan/Feb.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Release date is March 28. TV Shows on DVD reports that the set will include an episode from Season 5, yet to be named. Why do this if Season 5 will come out? Will it not come out? (I hope that is not true.) If people have Season 4, most likely they'll get Season 5, right (why see Sam leap into Lee Harvey Oswald
at the end of the season finale and not see how it ends in Season 5)? I read of some other shows that have done this, but I can't recall them offhand. It seems they could use the extra space for better extras. At least there is an extra feature but I don't think it's specific to Quantum Leap.
-

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
The Season 5 premiere was a 2-hour episode so I don't think it will be the bonus episode but you never know until it is officially announced.

I just wonder why this is happening. It must be to get people interested in buying Season 5 but this late in the show, most likely people will buy Season 5. That space could be used for better extras pertaining to the show.
-

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Bonus s5 ep. What a stupid idea! Far better to make the bonus episode MIA, with the proper sound this time...

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
TV Shows on DVD reports that there is a coupon inside Season 4 for $5 off of Season 5. I did not recall a coupon so I checked my set and there was none. I don't know if buying it at a Sam's Club (bulk "discount" warehouse) was the reason or if it was accidentally left out.

Has anyone else not received a copy in their set and if so, where did you buy it?

The www.QuantumLeapDVD.com site allows you to get updates on future releases of QL (and other Universal shows) so that means that Season 5 will definitely come out! And since that aforementioned coupon expires the end of 2006, Season 5 should be out by then, according to TV Shows on DVD.

If anyone does not know, the bonus episode on Season 4 is "Liberation."

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I got a set of coupons in my QL set and NX set. It is possible you didn't get them because of the wharehouse. I am not sure if you can use these at places like sams/costco or not. Anyone know ?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
What is the music situation for Season 4? Was music replaced this time as well?

Thanks,

Neil

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Apparently there is. A very small box on the back cover says "Music may differ from televised version" or something like that. "May differ"? Does it or does it not? I don't know the specific songs that were replaced though. The other thread about QL's music replacement may shed some light.
-

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
According to the thread at Al's Place, people are noticing a lot of missing songs. For example, the episode "Temptation Eyes" used to have Foreigner's "I Want To Know What Love Is." "Allegheny Moon" is missing from another episode. If I read one post correctly, it seems just about everything was gone from the episodes the poster was able to watch.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator

I also didn't get a coupon, and I also got mine from Sam's Club. I feel slightly ripped off.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks