Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Asian Horror Tournament

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Justin_S

Justin_S

Producer

• 3,576 posts

Posted October 22 2005 - 11:11 AM

Well, after my documentary tournament flopped hard, I figured I'd try another one, this time in the spirit of Halloween. Since I already did the mega horror tournament a few years back, this time around its a tournament for the ever growing Asian horror movement. If people are interested this time around, everyone gets two automatics, four noms, and four seconds. Also, even if its just horrorish like Battle Royale, it can be included. It doesn't have to be a straight horror film, just have elements. We'll try and make it to 32 films.

My autos

Kaïro
Uzumaki

My noms

Audition
Onibaba
Suicide Circle
Gozu

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Bill McA

Bill McA

Producer

• 5,969 posts

Posted October 22 2005 - 02:51 PM

Automatics:
Tetsuo: The Iron Man
Cure

Nominations:
Kwaidan
Gemini
Tokyo Fist
Three Extremes...

Seconds:
Onibaba
Audition

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted October 22 2005 - 04:25 PM

Well in order to try to participate, I will nominate the only Asian horror films I can recall seeing:

Godzilla

Rodan

"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted October 23 2005 - 02:05 AM

Automatics
A Page of Madness
Blind Beast (if Bill and I are the only ones who've seen these I'll withdraw them.)

Nominate
Woman in the Dunes
One Missed Call
A Chinese Ghost Story

2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Bill McA

Bill McA

Producer

• 5,969 posts

Posted October 23 2005 - 07:45 AM

Well I haven't seen Blind Beast yet, but I have seen (and own a DVD) of A Page of Madness.
I didn't initially consider Madness a horror film, but I suppose it is. Posted Image

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted October 23 2005 - 11:32 AM

I'll participate where I can - I've seen my share of Asian horror, but some of you guys put me to shame. :b I'll nominate: Kuroneko Shutter Second: Kwaidan Woman in the Dunes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users