Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Panasonic Plasma, Motion Trail Normal?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Anthony Liz

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted October 22 2005 - 09:52 AM

Hello everyone.

I have a Panasonic TH-42PX50U Plasma TV, with a Panasonic S97S DVD player. I'm using an HDMI cable to upconvert to 720p.

Today, for the first time, I noticed this motion trail...

Posted Image

Notice the fire. I haven't been using HDMI that long, but is this an effect from it? Is it the cable, or is it simply the TV unable to catch up?

Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance
Faster Than a Speeding Laserdisc...
www.DVDtoons.com

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter

• 1,327 posts

Posted October 23 2005 - 02:37 AM

That effect has been documented in Saving Private Ryan since that DVD came out Anthony so no need to worry. It was even pointed out to Steven Spielberg I believe.
BTW, isn't the Panny simply amazing? I've had one for 2 weeks now and HD is just superb!

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Mike_J_Potter

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted October 23 2005 - 07:17 AM

Quote:
That effect has been documented in Saving Private Ryan since that DVD came out Anthony so no need to worry. It was even pointed out to Steven Spielberg I believe.

That is correct here is a thread about it.

http://www.hometheat....threadid=26740
Mike Potter

Last 3 films watched
Natural Born Killers (DVD)
Duece Bigalow 2 (theater)Forrest Gump (1080I)

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Anthony Liz

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted October 23 2005 - 03:09 PM

Quote:
BTW, isn't the Panny simply amazing? I've had one for 2 weeks now and HD is just superb!
Thanks Eric & Mike, and sorry for restarting something that already been discussed. I did try to search for something related, but I had no luck.

Anyway, yes, the Panny is awesome, including the price I paid for it. My only gripe is that you can't control the display for 4:3 images coming from an HD source. Analog, no problem, but since I have a HD Comcast box (an HD source), it automatically sets the image to 'full'. Wish I had more control over that.

I think this is a great plasma, especially now that I can upconvert my DVDs to 720p or 1080i.
Faster Than a Speeding Laserdisc...
www.DVDtoons.com

Forum Nav Content I Follow