Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Blind Comparisons of Various Audio Equipment

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Chu Gai

Chu Gai

Lead Actor

• 7,270 posts

Posted October 21 2005 - 01:36 AM

At MatrixHiFi you'll find various comparisons, some with graphs to illustrate certain key points of assorted equipment. Now the language isn't english, but if you've got the capability "right click" and translate, you should be able to make some sense out of it.

For example, in a comparison of the Halcro DM10 preamp ($15,990)

Posted Image

paired with the Mark Levinson No. 333 amplifier ($8,495)

Posted Image

it was found that the users could not distinguish that combination from the Denon PMA 860 ($unknown)

Posted Image

Now this doesn't mean that all the links on that page lead to a null result but you'll have to read to find out which products resulted in differences. Maybe the results will surprise some.

#2 of 4 FeisalK

FeisalK

Screenwriter

• 1,245 posts

Posted October 21 2005 - 02:21 AM

they called the Flying Mole a Class-T

and I didn't understand the results of that comparison Posted Image

... and, I'll be digging out that old Discman
>
DVD-A registry for hirez/surround audio
Bluray, DVD-Audio, DAD/HDAD, DualDisc, MVI

#3 of 4 Cagri

Cagri

Second Unit

• 415 posts

Posted October 21 2005 - 05:06 AM

I have the understanding from what I have read' from what I know and from my limited experience that audio equipment which is beyond a certain quality and power treshold reproduces same sound.

It has been very easy to distinguish the sound difference when I added an entry level integrated amp to my low end, ages old receiver though (Denon AVR-1802.. does that still exist on earth ?) Posted Image
Too much debt...

#4 of 4 Scott_N

Scott_N

Second Unit

• 425 posts

Posted October 22 2005 - 01:51 AM

Chu

It's been some time since i've been on this board and I see you're still tilting at windmills!Posted Image Well keep up the fight though I will never agree.Posted Image