Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Magnum P.I., Knight Rider and A-Team Season 3 (Region 1) on January 31st, 2006

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 OFFLINE   Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter

• 1,376 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 11:41 PM

Well, better late than never.

DVD Answers have just posted info that the third seasons of Magnum P.I., The A-Team and Knight Rider will be released in the US on January 31st. 50 bucks a pop, the usual 3 disc affairs (DVD-18 fans will rejoice, both of them). No word yet on extras, but I don't expect there to be any.

Original article here

Chris

#2 of 20 OFFLINE   Alex-A

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted October 19 2005 - 12:04 AM

Sweet. Knight Rider here I come.
NCC-2000

#3 of 20 OFFLINE   RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted October 19 2005 - 12:47 AM

Excellent I've been waiting for Knight Rider and The A-Team. Now Universal its time to get Airwolf Season 2 out.

#4 of 20 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted October 19 2005 - 01:14 AM

Magnum P.I. and Knight Rider? Most likely, but A-Team? I don't think so. Universal is just taking too long to release these DVD sets. With these shows available to immediate release I'm curious why it takes Universal and Fox almost forever to release consequent sets when the shows have already did their original run? Paramount, although overpriced, has been very decent and releasing their boxed sets on a bi-monthly basis, after the series has been announced for release and also Warner Brothers who releases their sets on a regular basis, every 3-4 months. While I'm excited over the Magnum P.I. and Knight Rider announcements, I think releasing a set every nine months is a bit much for a studio. With the whole problem with their double sided disks problem and their release schedule, Universal does have fans like all of us who will indeed buy these sets why can't they get a quicker publishing schedule together for therse shows? I think we need to start emailing Universal and ask them to change their release schedule ... at this rate, Magnum will finish its publishing release by the end of 2009 with Season 8.

#5 of 20 OFFLINE   RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted October 19 2005 - 01:24 AM

I agree Mark. But thankfully in my case Knight Rider and The A-Team are almost done. But I do wish they would adopted the Paramount style release they have for MacGyver esp. if these will have no extras. btw, the 3rd season of Knight Rider includes IMO some of the best episodes of the series. Like Junkyard Dog I loved this ep.

#6 of 20 OFFLINE   Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted October 19 2005 - 03:10 AM

Great News!! I will be buying all 3 of these set's. Thankfully only 1 more to go for KR also 1 more to go for A-Team as far as i am concerned S5 didn't happen. But universal is getting ridiculous with how long they are taking, where is Quantum Leap S4 ?? we are approaching a year since S3 came out. I thought i would have had that collection completed by now. I also await the next Airwolf release!

#7 of 20 OFFLINE   Daniel-M

Daniel-M

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted October 19 2005 - 04:12 AM

I am buying R2 of A-team. not only is it coming Nov 9 where i live, it's a six disc set

#8 of 20 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,157 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 19 2005 - 05:36 AM

I'm definitely buying Magnum and the A-Team. I still haven't seen Knight Rider beyond the bonus episode, but I may one day give it a full season try.

#9 of 20 OFFLINE   Mark Lemmond

Mark Lemmond

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted October 19 2005 - 10:00 AM

I'll definately be picking up Magnum PI. Posted Image
"People think that Hell is fire and brimstone and the Devil poking you in the butt with a pitchfork, but it's not. Hell is when you should have walked away, but you didn't. " My Collection DVD Spot version

#10 of 20 OFFLINE   John H Ross

John H Ross

Screenwriter

• 1,047 posts

Posted October 19 2005 - 12:00 PM

Yep, Region 2 for me too! I just finished watching the R2 editions of season 2 (both The A-Team and Knight Rider) and every episode played perfectly. My R1 sets are getting sold off pronto! A Shame! John

#11 of 20 OFFLINE   Jim-M

Jim-M

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted December 01 2005 - 04:30 AM

Any word yet on what the bonus Season 4 episode will be on the Magnum PI Season 3 set?

#12 of 20 OFFLINE   Jim-M

Jim-M

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted December 27 2005 - 06:23 AM

Costco.com is showing that the bonus episode from season 4 will be "Letter to a Duchess". According to tvtome.com it was the 6th episode of season 4.

#13 of 20 OFFLINE   Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted December 27 2005 - 11:14 AM

Why would they add a bonus episode from the next season? Seems like a waste. At least a few of the bonus episodes on the first season set had a little relevance (somewhat) that they were from another series (simon and simon) and of course the episodes from later seasons of Magnum

#14 of 20 OFFLINE   Dan*T

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

• 540 posts

Posted December 27 2005 - 11:48 AM

I will definetly be picking up Magnum & Knight Rider, but where is Simon & Simon??Posted Image
Dan T.

#15 of 20 OFFLINE   JeffO

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted January 31 2006 - 04:24 AM

Anyone pick up Magnum season 3 yet? Unfortunately I'm trying to go through some backlog before picking up Magnum season 3, but I'm sure hoping these are the original episodes, uncut. I'm not sure if there were a lot of proprietary musical numbers in this season, but did anyone notice anything? Thanks Jeff
TV DVDs wanted: TJ Hooker (seasons 3-5), The Fall Guy (Seasons 2-5), Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Father Dowling Mysteries, Queen of Swords, Smurfs, and Charlemagne (1994 TV miniseries)

#16 of 20 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,157 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted January 31 2006 - 07:55 AM

Good news and bad news, guys.

The bad news is, the back of the A-Team S3 packaging has a box that says, "Includes all original music except two songs." Since the A-Team barely had any pop music, that probably means all of the pop songs are gone. Like I said, though, the A-Team barely had any pop music and was never defined by it. But, if you're a strict purist. . . .

The good news is, there is no such box on Magnum S3. It is probably intact.

Edit: Check this, y'all:

http://www.geocities...on/faq.html#5.6

With this, we can track down the changes easy. I'm surprised there was even this much music. It never seemed there was much.

Second Edit:

From that page:

The Heat Is On - Glenn Fry
Beverly Hills Assault - edited out on most TV cuts

Dedicated Follower of Fashion - The Kinks
Beverly Hills Assault - edited out on most TV cuts

I'll bet those are the ones, and it looks like it really was out of Universal's hands if it had to be taken out even in syndication. I can live with it. Looks like there are some pretty good songs filling out the rest of the season.

#17 of 20 OFFLINE   Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter

• 1,376 posts

Posted January 31 2006 - 09:15 AM

I'm surprised. This info is surprisingly detailed compared to their usual "music may differ from televised version" crap. Chris

#18 of 20 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,157 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted January 31 2006 - 09:34 AM

I think "music may differ from televised version" translates to "most or all music is gone." This is a more positive situation for them, so they're kind of puffing out their chests. Posted Image

#19 of 20 OFFLINE   Bill>Moore

Bill>Moore

Second Unit

• 366 posts

Posted January 31 2006 - 10:49 AM

My first thought was this was going to come from the "Cowboy George" episode with Boy George, but that's season four. I can't recall what possible two songs might be excised from the show. I hate when that happens, but since pop songs were so rarely integral to the show, I'm guessing that I'll live with it. Ready to go pick this set up now.

#20 of 20 OFFLINE   JeffO

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted February 01 2006 - 07:53 AM

Greg_S_H, thanks for the Magnum good news. JeffO
TV DVDs wanted: TJ Hooker (seasons 3-5), The Fall Guy (Seasons 2-5), Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Father Dowling Mysteries, Queen of Swords, Smurfs, and Charlemagne (1994 TV miniseries)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users