Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Satellite Receiver Reviews (Sirius)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Jon Bell

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 05:25 AM

I'm interested in getting a Sirius plug and play receiver for use mainly in my car. For now, I'm going to just go with FM transmitter for the hookup (I'll probably switch to hardwired later). The units range in price from $50- $170. I've been unable to find any recent reviews of these units. Can you share your experiences with the receivers you have, and why you picked them?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 07:02 AM

Well, I'll talk about my Audiovox car unit, which is no longer in my car.

I got it as a part of a Sirius Friends and Family deal (Through SiriusBackstage) about 2.5 years ago. It is one of those boxes that fit under the seat, with a tuner that attaches to the dash someplace. Personally, I really liked it. The display was excelent, with four lines which displayed everything you needed to know about a station. It had 20 presets, I think, which was controlled by the number buttons behind a plate.

Overall, I think Audiovox makes great displays. I have a XR9 XM PNP unit now, and the display is great on that as well.

Jason