• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Brook K

Brook K

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 05:11 AM

Without question mine is Braunschwieger (aka Liverwurst, the name my mother-in-law uses). Sure it's clogging my arteries with every bite, but a triple bypass surgery is a small price to pay for a sandwich this tasty. Posted Image

While looking up the correct spelling I came across the web page for the 2004 American Cured Meat Competition

http://www.wi-amp.co...AAMPwinners.htm

I don't think I want to know what an Emulsified wiener is. Posted Image But I have to admit to being very intrigued about what an innovative beef product could possibly be.

Maplewood Meats ( Green Bay )
Reserve Champion Andouille Sausage

Grand Champion Light-Weight Bacon

Reserve Grand Champion Emulsified Wieners

Champion Heavy-Weight Ham

Reserve Champion Cooked Ring Bologna

Grand Champion Innovative Beef Products

Grand Champion Innovative Pork Products
2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#2 of 9 george kaplan

george kaplan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 13,064 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 05:23 AM

Chicken
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#3 of 9 Bill McA

Bill McA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,969 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 05:45 AM

Cheese

I'm vegetarian. Posted Image

#4 of 9 Brook K

Brook K

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 06:21 AM

I'm the opposite - an unhealthy stereoptype who likes and eats very few vegetables and at best has 1 serving of fruit a day. I'm setting a great example for my kids. Posted Image I don't even like eating spaghetti without meat and I consider cheese pizza an abominable waste of ingredients.

I forgot to mention because I haven't had it this way in awhile generally sticking to mustard and cheese, but a surfer in a Pismo Beach, CA deli turned me on to Braunschwieger and cream cheese sandwiches. Now that requires the full-on quintuple bypass, but man are they good.
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#5 of 9 Marc Fedderman

Marc Fedderman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 07:48 AM

I don't eat red (or the other white) meat, so I'm pretty much limited to chicken and turkey. Too, I won't eat anything that comes pre-packaged or teeming with preservatives. Qualifications out of the way Posted Image, I'll go with Boar's Head's barbecued chicken breast (sliced extra-thin).

For a sandwich, I'll take chicken, sharp cheddar (also fresh sliced), and romaine lettuce on unseeded rye bread with some, but not too much, deli mustard.

#6 of 9 george kaplan

george kaplan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 13,064 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 08:46 AM

I'm setting a great example for my kids.
I love cheese, but I too have horrible eating habits. However, I do go out of my way to tell my son how delicious all the food his mother is eating looks (though I'd never eat it myself Posted Image), so I'm at least trying to avoid setting a bad example as much as I can.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#7 of 9 Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• PipPipPip
  • 14,086 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted October 18 2005 - 09:26 AM

Chicken, Tuna

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#8 of 9 camila

camila

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 03:57 PM

I pick bacon. YUMMY!

#9 of 9 Brook K

Brook K

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted October 19 2005 - 05:20 AM

I hear that George. We put fruit in their lunches and always have fruit and veggies with dinner, I'm just not usually eating it.

Another good one is telling the kids to clean their rooms and keep their toys picked up when my home office looks like a disaster area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users