What's new

Directors What's Your Favorite Sandwich Meat? (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Without question mine is Braunschwieger (aka Liverwurst, the name my mother-in-law uses). Sure it's clogging my arteries with every bite, but a triple bypass surgery is a small price to pay for a sandwich this tasty. :D

While looking up the correct spelling I came across the web page for the 2004 American Cured Meat Competition

http://www.wi-amp.com/2004-AAMPwinners.htm

I don't think I want to know what an Emulsified wiener is. :eek: But I have to admit to being very intrigued about what an innovative beef product could possibly be.

Maplewood Meats ( Green Bay )
Reserve Champion Andouille Sausage

Grand Champion Light-Weight Bacon

Reserve Grand Champion Emulsified Wieners

Champion Heavy-Weight Ham

Reserve Champion Cooked Ring Bologna

Grand Champion Innovative Beef Products

Grand Champion Innovative Pork Products

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I'm the opposite - an unhealthy stereoptype who likes and eats very few vegetables and at best has 1 serving of fruit a day. I'm setting a great example for my kids. :D I don't even like eating spaghetti without meat and I consider cheese pizza an abominable waste of ingredients.

I forgot to mention because I haven't had it this way in awhile generally sticking to mustard and cheese, but a surfer in a Pismo Beach, CA deli turned me on to Braunschwieger and cream cheese sandwiches. Now that requires the full-on quintuple bypass, but man are they good.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
I don't eat red (or the other white) meat, so I'm pretty much limited to chicken and turkey. Too, I won't eat anything that comes pre-packaged or teeming with preservatives. Qualifications out of the way :), I'll go with Boar's Head's barbecued chicken breast (sliced extra-thin).

For a sandwich, I'll take chicken, sharp cheddar (also fresh sliced), and romaine lettuce on unseeded rye bread with some, but not too much, deli mustard.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I love cheese, but I too have horrible eating habits. However, I do go out of my way to tell my son how delicious all the food his mother is eating looks (though I'd never eat it myself :)), so I'm at least trying to avoid setting a bad example as much as I can.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I hear that George. We put fruit in their lunches and always have fruit and veggies with dinner, I'm just not usually eating it.

Another good one is telling the kids to clean their rooms and keep their toys picked up when my home office looks like a disaster area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks