Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Harman DPR series receivers???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 BillSuneson

BillSuneson

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 03:50 AM

I've just started looking at a second system for my girlfriends place and was considering the DPR 20005 from HK.

What are anyone's thoughts on a digital amplifier? I've never used one so I was trying to weigh advantage/disadvantage.

Thanks for any input.

Bill

#2 of 4 FeisalK

FeisalK

Screenwriter

• 1,245 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 06:03 AM

Bill, I hav no experience with them personally - seems a tad expensive compared to other more popular digital amps (like the Panasonic XR55, great sound at $230)

However I did ecently come across a thread in AVSforum where an owner said that he had no complaints about the sound, but the receiver itself had some reliability issues

For $230 the XR55 is an amazing buy though, and if you can get a 30-day money back guarantee you can try it out with no great loss.
>
DVD-A registry for hirez/surround audio
Bluray, DVD-Audio, DAD/HDAD, DualDisc, MVI

#3 of 4 Dean_S

Dean_S

Second Unit

• 261 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 06:24 AM

I have a DPR2005 and have been using it daily for 18 months. I'm very pleased (and surprised) by how good this reciever sounds. I fully expected to not love it and move it to a secondary system (or return it) before I used it, now it's staying in my main system until I feel like buying a real powerhouse like the Denon 5805. I also use the zone 2 functionally for my patio speakers and this works well if you have an extra IR reciever laying around to plug into the back of the DPR to make the zone 2 remote work properly...I happened to have an extra IR recvr so it was a no brainer for me.

#4 of 4 Richard Beckman

Richard Beckman

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted November 01 2005 - 11:44 AM

Using DPR 2005 for a year. It exceeds my expectations. I would recommend to anyone.