Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Harman DPR series receivers???

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   BillSuneson

BillSuneson

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 03:50 AM

I've just started looking at a second system for my girlfriends place and was considering the DPR 20005 from HK. What are anyone's thoughts on a digital amplifier? I've never used one so I was trying to weigh advantage/disadvantage. Thanks for any input. Bill

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   FeisalK

FeisalK

Screenwriter

• 1,245 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 06:03 AM

Bill, I hav no experience with them personally - seems a tad expensive compared to other more popular digital amps (like the Panasonic XR55, great sound at $230) However I did ecently come across a thread in AVSforum where an owner said that he had no complaints about the sound, but the receiver itself had some reliability issues For $230 the XR55 is an amazing buy though, and if you can get a 30-day money back guarantee you can try it out with no great loss.
>
DVD-A registry for hirez/surround audio
Bluray, DVD-Audio, DAD/HDAD, DualDisc, MVI

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Dean_S

Dean_S

Second Unit

• 261 posts

Posted October 18 2005 - 06:24 AM

I have a DPR2005 and have been using it daily for 18 months. I'm very pleased (and surprised) by how good this reciever sounds. I fully expected to not love it and move it to a secondary system (or return it) before I used it, now it's staying in my main system until I feel like buying a real powerhouse like the Denon 5805. I also use the zone 2 functionally for my patio speakers and this works well if you have an extra IR reciever laying around to plug into the back of the DPR to make the zone 2 remote work properly...I happened to have an extra IR recvr so it was a no brainer for me.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Richard Beckman

Richard Beckman

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted November 01 2005 - 11:44 AM

Using DPR 2005 for a year. It exceeds my expectations. I would recommend to anyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users