What's new

F/S: Harman Kardon AVR-8000 THX Ultra Receiver (1 Viewer)

Patrick D

Stunt Coordinator
For sale... Harman Kardon AVR-8000 THX Ultra Receiver. Top of the line, until it was discontinued for the lower-priced (and lower-spec'd) 7000 series. One heavy beast, with 5 channels of built in amplification (125W), and full support for two more (just add your favorite external amp). $675 + shipping, which is likely to be a lot as the receiver is about 80lbs. I'll eat 50% of the shipping total, since I'm not using this receiver and I want someone to be happy with it (I'm using an Anthem AVM-30 right now).

Unit is in very good condition, except the remote, on which the backlight doesn't work (it never did, and it's the second remote I got from H/K after the first one was DOA, but I never used the original remote anyway).

From the marketing blurb:

More at: http://www.harmankardon.com/product_...sjump=&#active

Patrick D

Stunt Coordinator
I recall it being about 80lbs to ship when I bought it. I put it on the scale and you're right, it's 56 lbs for just the receiver. After packaging + assorted gizmos it's probably around 70lbs. I have the original box but probably not the extra double box from the original shipment; nonetheless, this will end up being sent double-boxed to avoid damage.

Patrick D

Stunt Coordinator
Price adjusted to $650 and $30 flat ground shipping (to the U.S.). I have three receivers in my living room, help me clean it up because I know you want this one in yours. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks