What's new

HTF REVIEW: Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (1 Viewer)

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/ronsreviews/covers/64785.jpg
Be sure to check out the still galleries of production photos. You can choose to view these with or without a caption and overall I found them quite informative! You can also view posters that were used to promote the movie worldwide.

What about DVD-ROM? If you put the DVD in your DVD-ROM drive, you will be taken to a site that gives you some merchandising options as well as an exclusive link (should be available by the time the DVD hits the streets).

IN THE END…

What we’ve seen in Episodes I, II & III is surely able to change one’s perspective of Episodes IV-VI. We see the destruction of the Jedi order, we see the Republic turn into the Galactic Empire. We basically see most of what’s been talked about since A New Hope was released back in 1977. As I think about it, the prequels are very different from the original trilogy and it sometimes makes me wonder what was the true intention of these films in 1977 verses how they are known to be intended today. The original trilogy was about Luke Skywalker and the Rebellion against the Empire. The back story was about the Clone Wars and about what happened to Vader. Now, even though these things were explained in the prequels, the differences are that the prequels are mainly about Anakin/Vader and the original trilogy is not. Vader’s character takes a back seat in the original trilogy and comes across more as an evil pawn for the Emperor and the Governor. And while everything that A New Hope stands for is because of the Clone Wars, the prequels really aren’t about the Clone Wars – they are about Vader; the Clone Wars are a part of the story. So when I hear a quote from George Lucas saying this:

“What drove me to direct Episodes I, II, and III was the larger story about Anakin, who starts out as a good person but who becomes evil – and, ultimately, is redeemed by his children. It’s exciting to see it all comes together.”

I find it a little hard to believe that was the intention during the original trilogy. I think Lucas got lucky with his complex story and it all fell into place for him.

Regardless of my opinion, because it is one in a billion, Revenge of the Sith is the best of the prequels and a fun movie to watch. Definitely put this on your shopping list because you won’t be disappointed. Now, if Blu-Ray Disc could come a little quicker…please…!!

Michael Osadciw

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
So you recommend buying this DVD, Michael? :D

Thanks for a great review. Relieved, but not surprised, about the quality.

Cees

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks for the review Michael. I did not like this at all after seeing it in the theater but I will buy it. Figure that one out.

Actually, I've only seen this once and I look forward to a second viewing that will hopefully change my opinion of it, at least maybe a little. Of the three, I do find AotC the best though.

Now, why can't we get other studios to follow this lead?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Can we get the title of this thread corrected? It's "Revenge", not "Return" of the Sith. Good review, Michael.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Good review Michael, and yes it is called Revenge Of The Sith and not Return. Lucas originally thought of Return then changed it thinking that Return wasn't really something that the Sith would do....just Revenge. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Michael. Well done.

Am really looking forward to checking out the A/V of this release. I fully enjoyed the story as it played out before me at my local cinema, but found the sound rather muddy. I bet I'll like it even more in my living room! :emoji_thumbsup:

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
Hi Guys

Return, Revenge, Blue Harvest, The Bridge...yes, when I typed the title I made the error...ooopps...I can't change the title once I post it - that's for the moderators!

It's funny...I didn't notice that I screwed the title up when I wrote it. I left home for a bit and while I was out, I subconsiously told myself I wrote the wrong title...how strange...

Enjoy the disc when it comes out!!

Mike

Sev Bragg

Stunt Coordinator
I agreed with most of the review except the part of things looking too clean, there were just as many scuff marks on the Jedi fighters as there were on the OT X-Wings, and many war scuffs on the clonetroopers.

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
they don't count (ships and troopers)...its all computer generated and it looks fake anyway. I'm talking about the clothes, floors, etc...the clothes everyone wears looks like they just came off the rack brand-new in the costume department.

Mike

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Nice review Michael. Sith was best new film I've seen in years, REALLY looking forward to the DVD :D

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
Fantastic Review! I can't wait to get my hands on it.

By the way, I appreciate the technical analysis too. Too many reviewers simply state a bunch of candy coated goop about the image looking good or the sound being loud.

Sev Bragg

Stunt Coordinator
they don't count (ships and troopers)...its all computer generated and it looks fake anyway. I'm talking about the clothes, floors, etc...the clothes everyone wears looks like they just came off the rack brand-new in the costume department.

I didn't recall the 2 Death Stars floors being dirty at all. I think you need to take a better look at those scenes, the art dept put a weathered look on almost everything that needed to in EP3, Check out ILMer Jon Knoll's new SW in 365 days book, shows off every set and model of all the movies in good detail.

As far as the clothes, the senators don't wear worn out clothing, The Jedi have multiple robes lying around, I still don't get what you mean. Kenobi's robe has charred places by the end of the duel, I have actually seen the outfit on exhibit. And I noticed it in the context of the movie. What looked dirty or worn about Leia's dress at beginning of ANH? Her Bespin Gown? Imperial Officers?

Actually think about the people the OT follows, mostly smuggler types, & rebels in hiding out on backwater planets. Very few politicians.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Currently the highest grossing film of a pretty naff movie year, with Lucas' pal Spielberg at no.2 with his sci-fi opus War of the Worlds. Let's see, Episode I, easily the biggest grossing film of 1999, but Episode II was up against Two Towers, Harry Potter II and Spidey I, and thus came in at no.4 in worldwide grosses, must have been a bit of a blow for Lucas, Clones was the first of the Star Wars series not to be no.1 film in it's year of release, shame I liked it more than Episode I.

Um oh yeah I'll definitely buy me a copy of Episode III, the best of the prequels.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks