Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Get Christy Love!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Supporting Actor

• 949 posts

Posted October 12 2005 - 06:38 AM

I don't know if this has ever been posted before or not, but I just found out that the TV pilot movie is out on DVD. It's available at Amazon. I don't know how much restoration may or may not have been done with this. Hopefuly since this has made it out, the series might see the light of day on DVD too.

#2 of 7 Bob Hug

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

• 1,760 posts

Posted October 12 2005 - 06:44 AM

This is one of a number of made-for-TV films that supposedly has fallen into the public domain. "Get Christy Love" is available on a variety of low budget labels specializing in public domain material; in fact, I actually saw this on a "dollar DVD" some time ago. I seriously doubt that any of these PD releasing companies has a restored version.

#3 of 7 JeffWld

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

• 235 posts

Posted October 12 2005 - 06:55 AM

It's from a 16mm station print. Don't expect pristine quality, but it is complete and fairly watchable.

As for the series, it's owned by Universal. Enough said.

#4 of 7 Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted October 12 2005 - 08:18 AM

The pilot has been a staple of PD VHS and DVD companies for a long time. Indeed, I just saw it at Walgreens for $1.00!

I've never seen the series.

#5 of 7 Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Supporting Actor

• 949 posts

Posted October 12 2005 - 01:02 PM

Thanks. I didn't know it had fallen into Public Domain. I'd still like to pick it up just to have it since I've never seen it.

#6 of 7 Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,644 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted October 12 2005 - 01:23 PM

They should do this series right and get Tarantino to do a commentary.Posted Image
My wallet cries me to sleep!

This post kills threads!

#7 of 7 Michael Alden

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

• 825 posts

Posted October 16 2005 - 05:09 AM

Many of these made for TV movies have been bootlegged by companies and put out as DVD releases, mainly for the reason that the companies don't have the time or inclination to bother about them. Oh, and it's Get CHRISTIE Love by the way.