What's new

Would anyone else out there purchase more T.J. Hooker (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Sure, it's one of the most corny shows out there, but are there fans out there who are waiting for Seasons 3-5??

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I'd love to see the show's other seasons released on dvd. Count me in.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Not me, I was never a fan if William Shatnet. Besides, this series was way too cheesy and seemed to be a ripoff from CHiPS and Starsky and Hutch along with cheesy script writing.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think if your a male and any sort of Hooker fan S3 is a must own. That is when Heather Locklear (Stacy) really starts going undercover alot and you have the classic episodes of her dancing. And who can forget the one episode that starts with her exercising in her apartment, you had like 3 straight minutes of watching nothing but her sweaty body move around.

I am in for all 5 seasons if they get released, but like i said if your any sort of fan S3 cannot be passed up and it better get released!

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

Yes, that Aaron Spelling was the king of sophisticated, thought-provoking television.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

I agree! If I hadn't seen them on A & E recently, I wouldn't know exactly the scene, but fortunatly, I know exactly what you're talking about!:D

I hope Sony doesn't dump this title like they do with so many others. There are only 3 more seasons to release.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought TJ Hooker, and I've been enjoying it a lot. I would definitely buy another season. I haven't heard any news of further releases though.

My question is how many units do you think a show like this needs to sell to warrant another season release? I bought my set for $45, so it isn't on the cheap end. There weren't any extras, and I don't think there are many music related issues that would cost extra fees.

Since in general we don't know the sales figures for tv series on dvd, I believe the high end for the real popular shows is around 100,000 units. Can anyone verify this?

For a show like TJ Hooker, with a relatively high sales cost and no other extra production fees, I would think sales totals of 30,000-40,000 total units would warrant another release. I have to imagine they could sell that many units.

JeffO

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I am still waiting for sony to announce S3. It seems like forever since s1/s2 came out, but looking at the street date it was just this past august, so only 5 months. So i think there is still hope that sony could release more. Remember they are relatively slow between season releases, except for a couple of their things. I definately hope we get atleast S3, i could probably survive without the last 2 years if i had to, but i want them to.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
An old friend of mine who has since died in a plane crash supposedly played a priest in a T.J. Hooker episode.
So, I might rent them. ;)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Sony is generally slow to release these older action shows. However, even though there are rarely any extras, I'm always very pleased with the releases. They are always on single sided disks( a good thing!) And I find the picture and sound quality to be excellent.
Here are my top three Sony "gotta finish em" shows:

T.J. Hooker (still hoping for news)
Charlie's Angels (season 3 supposedly April 26)
Starsky & Hutch (release season 4 already!!)

I hope someone at Sony is reading this!!

Patricia

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with you Dan about Starksy and Hutch. Come on Sony, release season 4 here already. I'd pre-order it as soon as it was available. It's coming out in R2 next month so maybe that's a good sign?

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Maybe one of our buddies at TVShowsOnDVD.com could do some investigating for us to find out if there is hope for good ole T.J.
(wink,wink..)

;)

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Dan*T, this question relates to your last point. How responsive are the different distributors (Paramount, et cetera) to tvshowsondvd? Which ones give honest (or at least semi-honest) answers and keep us well informed, and which ones are unresponsive and/or misleading?

Thanks

JeffO

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Read the Wikipedia.com entry for TVShowsOnDVD.com where some of our successes are listed. Sony cares enough about us to release The Young Riders based partly on the show's voting rank at our site.

Gord has good contacts with Sony, so maybe he can ask them about TJ the next time he talks to them. With Shatner doing well at Boston Legal, it's a cinch that it's now or never, right? :)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

That's what i am thinking and we desperately need S3 at the very least!!! let us know what gord finds out. Thanks!!

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Awesome!
Thanks Dave & Gord.
Hopefully Gord can pick their brains a bit, and kind of give them a bit of a "push or knudge" towards encouraging future season sets.
Hopefully TJ sold at least enough to justify another few releases. Although I find that the set is priced a bit higher than some of Sony's other sets. Perhaps due to the Season 1/2 combo. If the price was a little lower for Season 3, it may encourage a higher sales figure.

:D

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
must have more hooker.. must have more hooker.. hey if boston legal s1 is probably coming in may ya think sony would have s3 ready to go at that time. must have more hooker.. must have more hooker!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks