Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Costco, Please Stop Delaying the Sale of New Release TV Sets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,232 posts

Posted October 11 2005 - 02:39 AM

A few weeks ago, I was looking for Season Six of "Cheers" on the day it was released. My local Costco carried all the previous seasons at a good price, so I went looking for it there first. However, it was not in stock on the street date. I ended up buying it online and ended up paying like $30 for it. So, I'm in Costco yesterday, and now they are carrying "Cheers" Season Six for like $25.

Before this, I wanted to by "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Season 4. Once again, my local Costco sold all the previous seasons so I went there to look for it first. And they did not have it on street date. So, I went somewhere else to get it. A week later, they are selling CYE for like $5 Less than what I paid for it.

The same thing happened last year when I wanted to buy the "Looney Tunes" Golden Collection vol 2.

Is this happening at anyone else's Costco? It's quite irritating and I would like to know if it something going on at just my store, or if it is common at Costco.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!