What's new

Beverly Hillbillies Vol 2 in the works (1 Viewer)

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
OMG ! Are you shucking me ? That's fabulous news. But I can't figure out what they'll release if Paramount has the rights to the rest of the episodes. Perhaps they're licensing the rest of season one or something similar.

"Bringing in the sheaves
Bringing in the sheaves
We shall come rejoicing
Bringing in the sheaves"

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If you reread the MPI e-mail, they never said that Volume 1 was the sum total of what they had licensed from the Hennings estate. They simply said they had licensed all they were able to license. At this point, we don't have any idea how much more that license included than what was already released.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I am half-way through my first Hillbillies set, and I think that MPI did a fantastic job. The show holds up for me just as well as it did 35 years ago when I first saw it in reruns. I hope there is some way that MPI can get the rights to all of the shows, because I don't think anyone else could possibly do a better job with the release.

As a sad side note, Sonny Drysdale died this week. The great comedic character actor and Steve Allen sidekick Louis Nye died at age 92.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I cannot agree more with Doug.

This was never my favorite TV series in the world. I got Volume 1 solely for its "camp" value...and what I had read about the completeness of the episodes--especially the opening theme/sponsors. I have found myself enjoying the writing and comedic delivery of the cast immensely. It is amazing the difference adult eyes make over a child's memories.

And let's not forget the value. They issued a great price point on the product...which also contirbuted greatly to my purchase. Any higher and I would not have pulled the trigger.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator

Volume 2 will take us to episode #55. Isn't that the last of the public domain episodes? That's probably why MPI is releasing these in this format (stopping in mid-season). They aparently could only liscence authorized copies of the PD episodes from the Henning estate. The remainder belong to Paramount.

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
Is this the problem with Petticoat Junction as well? Are the only shows in Public Domain for that series those released by MPI?

Jack

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Season One Episodes #28-36

Jed Pays His Income Tax
Clampetts and the Dodgers
Duke Becomes a Father
Clampetts Entertain
Clampetts in Court
Clampetts Get Psychoanalyzed
Psychiatrist Gets Clampetted
Elly Becomes a Secretary
Jethro's Friend

Season Two Episodes #37-55

Jed Gets the Misery
Hair-Raising Holiday
Granny's Garden
Elly Starts to School
Clampett Look
Jethro's First Love
Chickadee Returns
Clampetts Are Overdrawn
Clampetts Go Hollywood
Turkey Day
Garden Party
Elly Needs a Maw
Clampetts Get Culture
Christmas at the Clampetts (likely not included)
Man for Elly
Giant Jackrabbit (the highest rated episode)
Girl from Home
Lafe Lingers On
Race for Queen

That makes for a fabulous set of classic episodes and,I'm betting, a fabulous follow-up to the ultimate collection.

Now, Paramount, get off your logo and get going on the rest of season two and beyond. And when you're done with that . . . dig me a root cellar.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Are you fellas aware MPI is releasing next week The Beverly Hillbillies/Petticoat Junction Ultimate Christmas Collection?

$10.49 for pre-order at Amazon. Running time two hours.

Home For Christmas (1962) - When Granny, Uncle Jed, Elly Mae and Jethro decide to return to the country for the holidays, they discover airline travel. Back home, Cousin Pearl and Jethrine make plans to visit the Clampetts in Beverly Hills.

Christmas At The Clampetts (1963) - The Hillbillies are confused on Christmas when they find a snow-covered tree in their foyer surrounded by gifts, unaware they are part of banker Milburn Drysdale's strategy to keep them in Beverly Hills.

Cannonball Christmas (1963) - Uncle Joe, Kate Bradley and her daughters at the Shady Rest Hotel find their holiday disrupted when the Scrooge-like Homer Bedloe of the C&FW Railroad threatens to close-down the beloved Hooterville Cannonball.

BONUS FEATURES:
*New Episode Introductions *Original Cast Sponsor Commercials *Christmas Greeting From Frank Cady & Linda Kaye Henning

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
How does this work?

Will we need to pick up that Christmas disc...along with the Ultimate Volumes 1 & 2 in order to be complete before Paramount decides what its going to do?

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Yeah, sounds like they're just pulling the christmas eps out of the normal lineup to make money off another release. Typical but at least we can get them somehow.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Bejeezuz- how will I explain it to my film-buff friends when they see this sitting next to my copies of CITIZEN KANE and WAR AND PEACE....?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Snobs is snobs.

Iffen they raise a ruckus...tell 'em Granny's waitin' for 'em out by the woodshed with her switch! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I haven't been able to find this Christmas disc anywhere...even though some stores are already starting to put out their Christmas movies/music!!! :eek:

Has anyone found it?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Don't forget now...it's comin' Tuesday now. Y'hear?

HERE'S what you can expect for prices. The prices listed in the RoundUp are pretty similar to what Volume 1 was listing for back in September. So, don't be too disturbed by those shows of $29.99. DeepDiscountDVD already has it listed for $23.09. IIRC, I found Volume 1 at my local Wal-Mart for $18.xx :emoji_thumbsup:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Screw the 'billies! Where's Volume 2 of the lovely ladies of "Petticoat Junction"? :D Anyone who doesn't own Vol. 1 should pick it up as MPI did a great job, IMO.

P'haps I'll have to pick up Vols. 1 & 2 of BH to tide me over. Though I am still getting my Hooterville fix from S3 of "Green Acres". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks