Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help hooking microphone and channel music board to home theater system

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Brenda*

Brenda*

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 10 2005 - 12:36 AM

Am trying to find out if it's possible to hook a surround sound > system up to a microphone, channel music board to play what would > normally be on the larger speakers. >We have regular speakers in our church fellowship hall and the sound has always been pathetic. However, we also do a movie night with little home theater system and it puts out sufficient sound. I'm thinking with two of those, it would do a great job in the hall, if we can figure out how to hook up. Can anyone help? > Thanks for any information you may be able to share. > Brenda

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   John S

John S

Producer

• 5,460 posts

Posted October 10 2005 - 07:56 AM

Home audio and pro audio doesn't always play nice together. But i am still nto sure what you want to do. I doubt the home theater system will perform well at all for house PA duties. Does your mixing board have RCA line outs? Many of them do. then it is very simple. If not, you home theater system would be best having real power amp inputs or sometimes called Main Inputs. If not, you can go directly to one of the inputs, but this is where I find it works very poorly, because line inputs are not the same as power amp inputs. Use with caution for some marginal success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users