What's new

Regal Cinemas "One Night Only" Showings? (1 Viewer)

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any information pertaining to Regal Cinemas, and this new fad of holding one night only engagements for movies?

I've been made aware of the following:

Tickets Now Available for these Coming Attractions

Airplane
See showtimes and buy tickets for Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Land of the Dead - Director's Cut
NR
See showtimes and buy tickets for Monday, October 17, 2005

Raiders of the Lost Ark
• 1 hr. 55 min.
See showtimes and buy tickets for Wednesday, October 19, 2005

What Lies Beneath
• 2 hr. 6 min.
See showtimes and buy tickets for Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Purple Rain
• 1 hr. 53 min.
See showtimes and buy tickets for Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Goonies
PG • 1 hr. 54 min.
See showtimes and buy tickets for Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Naturally, I'm very excited, but I just want to know why exactly?

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Oh wow. Even though every Regal cinema in this town sucks, I am sooooo there to see Raiders!

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
Just this past Friday, we had a co-worker fall ill, and I volunteered to take her Wednesday night closing shift. :angry:

I had the chance to see my favorite movie of all time on the big screen? Being helpful gets you NOWHERE I tell you, NOWHERE!

BTW, I'm fairly positive United Artist screens are participating as well.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Getting people into theaters Monday through Thursday is tough, so having a promotion like that will get customers who might not normally think of seeing a movie mid-week. I imagine it's one night only so as not to disturb their regular runs too much and upset the distributors/customers.

Loews Boston Common does it Thursday nights, although it's not a very well-advertised program at all, and the Coolidge Corner in Brookline frequently has special programming on Monday nights. It's not a terribly uncommon practice.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
One of the two Regal arthouse theaters around here started doing it a year ago; the other theater joined in months afterwards. It's pretty cool because the theater has trivia questions about the movie being shown and prizes for answering them correctly.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles was shown the night before Thanksgiving last year. I hope they show it again.

~T

Claire Panke

Second Unit
Hah!

Last night I got to see the director's cut of Brazil on the big screen. An excellent print BTW.

Our local AMC did a similar series and all were film prints (including Raiders). I doubt these will be shown on video.

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
A lot of the special engagement titles can be found by clicking here. Different markets are going to have different films, i.e. "Friday the 13th" will be showing 10/22 in some, "Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" in others.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
sure this isnt just in Minneapolis?

there isnt any info about these showing anywere near me.

and that link in post before mine doesnt have a listof the showings.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Hey it's been a very very long time since I saw Raiders in theaters (82 I think hehehe), and I never saw Purple Rain in cinema. Hope the Regal 24 next to me is doing this, sounds fun.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
Looks like none of the Regal Cinemas in my area are doing this. Just another reason that Chattanooga sucks when it comes to getting good movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks